nigel

the new project handy landy

I take it you'll not be going far with it, judging by the size of what I take to be the fuel tank. :D  Doing well though. :thumbs:

ime going to build a beer keg trailer norm to carry extra petrol :D

did a bit more today it took most of the day getting the 2 front wheels of just could not get the nuts undone and i had to resort to heat

any way thought i would work out a nose cone to get over the tall tractor radiator, so i got a westwood tractor seat and cut it up this should do the job, ian made a visit and gave me a hand thanks mate

post-97-0-19309600-1413392490_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-43232000-1413392521_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-70824700-1413392540_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-96258900-1413392558_thumb.jpg

Just watch the pump it is a low flow,high pressure one on those Williams and James packs.

what do you mean gareth my idea was just run a belt to it from the engine to spool valves then to two rams what do i need to watch mate?

what do you mean gareth my idea was just run a belt to it from the engine to spool valves then to two rams what do i need to watch mate?

the pressures are higher than a lot of pumps avaliable, I'll have to look up the figures but from memory they were 6liters a minute at about 3000 psi, most pumps today are around 20-30lpm and 1500 psi,

the pressures are higher than a lot of pumps avaliable, I'll have to look up the figures but from memory they were 6liters a minute at about 3000 psi, most pumps today are around 20-30lpm and 1500 psi,

wont that just make my rams  go up and down quicker gareth, or what other problems could it lead to ?

wont that just make my rams  go up and down quicker gareth, or what other problems could it lead to ?

it probably will be all right. I've just had a lot of nightmares caused by customers trying to use modern hammers of the packs then getting cross saying i hadn't fixed them right. Due to a combination of age and higher pressures I've found the packs can be a bit of a bugger to make oil tight aswell.

Hi Nigel,

If you have a low displacement pump this will make your rams move slowly compared to a high displacement pump, the pressure would only be a problem if you don't have the correct relief valve in the circuit.

if the pump you are using is a low displacement you could use smaller rams and get the same lifting force by using a higher pressure setting, providing the spools etc are rated high enough. With rams, 'deadheading' will bring the pressure up to the point where the relief will lift so it can be adjusted to whatever suits your system.