diggerjames

Project C1-4x6

Hi all after a wet day working outside I decided to do a bit in the workshop , first job was to carry on with the front axle and make sure it steers both ways which now it does :) , and then I've been experimenting with different bonnet options as I may have to use the later black hood type bonnet as I've got a big vanguard engine to put in , and I have all the necessary parts to do it with as well , what do you think ?

post-166-0-77173000-1412699963_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-10139300-1412699994_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-53039500-1412700035_thumb.jpg

Well that's already been mentioned by one my pals down at the sheds making it in to a tractor unit !

Looks ok but I still say it wants a longer wheel base. Unless of course you are intending it to be a tractor unit for an artic. :thumbs:

I would make it longer Norm but I'm limited then how many machines I can take to shows !

I'll second that.

A tractor unit or logger would be really cool and as soon as it was mentioned it seemed a perfect fit. Also I don't recall anyone else doing it, so it could be a first. A crane that fold across like a HIAB with a fifth wheel behind would be fantastic and really useful.

Iain

That's the general idea about this project a multi purpose machine which will work well with my other project C175 on tracks . I think I've got my design worked out in my head with this one ( I think any way ) more pics to come !