the showman

The Start of Another Wheelhorse Project

Downloaded a tranny manual yesterday and it appears that the under pan doesn't have a gasket only bolted together with sealant, so iam off to get some tomorrow and see if

I can stop the leak.

now its outside its dripping on the drive, got a nappy on it at the moment 

Just an update on the Hypo Horse, I took a chance and dropped the sump pan thingy without taking the axle out today, drained the oil and undone the bolts, very gently lowered it down

then my worst fears,  a clatter and some bits fell out :angry: then I went in doors

When I went out to the shed this morning I found out what the two clips do, they hold the grown-wheel and planet gears in, as I had a drain bucket full of parts :confused:

next move was to remove the tranny (didn't have room to tip the tractor upside down) and after a lot of head scratching I got all the parts back in and refitted the sump.

on moving the axle back under the tractor the nearside driveshaft slid out :angry: so stripped it down again and one of the locking clips wasn't rite in.

now its back in the tractor, just have to fill it with oil and see if it works :)

Had a bit of spare time this afternoon so I refilled the tranny up with oil after i found the bleed screw to let the oil in, fired her up and surprise surprise it works. :D

took a while to get going and purge the air out, but seems ok, well it goes backwards and forwards.

next job to put the wheels back on and test it outside. (makes my eyes water with it running it in the shed)    :hdance: