Triumph66

Bolens Snow Plough

I have just bought a good conditioned snow plough manufactured by Bolens off that auction site for either my Bolens 1254 or my new Bolens 800. I won't be getting them until the end of next week; another weekend without them..... I will post photos as soon as I get them.

Now, what else do I need for my Bolens? A rotavator? Or another example from the Bolens range.

Snow ploughs are great fun, let's hope we get some snow this winter, look forward to seeing your pics .

Do you have a cutting deck for your bolens?

Andrew,

You also need a finger bar mower, flail mower, sleeve hitch, FEL and hydraulic lift.

Give me a while and I will think of others :-)

After last year we must have snow this year.

Iain

Agreed, pushing snow is one of the most fun things to do on a tractor. I think I may have already posted this picture already somewhere, but it is one of my favourites

post-276-0-85343700-1411637284_thumb.jpg

I broke a weld on mine a while back pushing soil. I must fix that before the winter. If we get a bit of snow it would be good if everyone posted some snow pushing pictures or videos.

Iain

Just joined this today after selling my Mayfield Merlin to Kennmof2000 (see his posts today). Anyway, how about a Sickle Bar Mower for your Bolens. I have had one sitting in my garage for the last 20 years. It was purchased in 1988 and adapted to a Simplicity Landlord (just a few bits bolted on). Brought it with me when I moved 20 years ago and never used it again. Still have the original manual. I remember it arriving in a big wooden box just like a coffin and full of mice nests!

Andrew,

Your plough is interesting as the ends have a 45 degree edge. As it is painted black it will be a later plough.

Mine is painted yellow and does not have the 45. You might want to consider painting it yellow to fit with the age of the 800 and 1254. Alternatively, just wait until you buy the next Bolens and it might be a later model.

Iain

I gave the plough a good pressure washed this afternoon to remove any grime etc. I also applied some WD40 on the moving parts. I am going to buy a Bolens snow plough manual so I know how to attach it properly. Also I need to fabricate a rod which hopefully Iain will give me some measurements to work off.post-259-0-06853500-1412956102_thumb.jpgpost-259-0-33767000-1412956141_thumb.jpgpost-259-0-86481000-1412956195_thumb.jpg

Andrew,

The good news is that you have everything you need to fit to the tractor and the fitting will fall in place once you have your 800 that has the lift mechanism. To save the purchase of a manual and give you the smile factor sooner I have marked up one of your pictures. I will attempt to describe what goes where

post-276-0-26276200-1412958259_thumb.jpg

1 - A and B - fit to the attachment points on the bottom of the front axle

2 - The end of the lift bar marked E goes onto point C on the plough

3 - D fits on the top point of the lift mechanism

4 - Have fun

Longer term I would suggest cutting down the bolt that you have at A and B, then drill and fit R clips. With bolts this long it is likely it will be a pig to fit and interfere with the steering.

Iain