Stormin

E-tank.

After a bit of discussion and info last night on here, today I have built an e-tank.

I took one rechargeable drill 18v charger, attached wires to the + & - terminals. and crocodile clips to the other ends. One plastic dustbin filled with water and 6 tablespoons of washing soda. Don't know how much water, lost count of watering can fulls. :dunno:  :rolleyes:

In the dustbin, before I filled it, I placed two WH rear wheels. The bottom wheel is sitting on wood blocks, with the second wheel sitting on wood placed  on top of the first. The wheels are connected by wire and another wire to a bar resting on top of the bin. Positive from charger is connected to that and negative to a metal anode hanging down the side of the bin. It is now in operation. (I hope :fingerscrossed: )

So, what if anything have I done wrong? If nothing, I guess I'll just have to be patient. Comments please.

Think that to get the most effective clean up you will need several anodes - even one on the floor of the tank. I've got my tank completely lined with sheet steel, sides and base. Just need to keep the items bing cleaned fom touching the sides.

Norm sounds like you have the wire the wrong way round Anode is + and needs to be the metal you don't want to clean.

-ve (cathode)  goes to the piece you want to clean...

You will make your wheel rustier if you leave it too long :o

oh, and get some pictures up :D

Wow I'd love to set up something like that, I see a lot you use e tanks and them seam very affective... Would save me a lot of time with the man power and sand paper....! Is there anyone out there that knows there stuff and is willing to tell me fully how you set an 'e tank' up?

Many thanks

Wow I'd love to set up something like that, I see a lot you use e tanks and them seam very affective... Would save me a lot of time with the man power and sand paper....! Is there anyone out there that knows there stuff and is willing to tell me fully how you set an 'e tank' up?Many thanks

Gu charlie Mark has done a thread on this just ask I'm sure he'd. Help you mate