Ian

The Workshop moving Thread

Morning all, as you know yesterday was shack contents moving day, and what a long day it was!!

I didn't take too many photo's as we were a bit busy, but here's a few..

My "extended bed" Saxon trailer with the first load..

TM18_zpsf333008f.jpg

The trailer being loaded up with a heavier load..

TM19_zpsaf3dcea7.jpg

The shack looking a bit emptier..

TM20_zps2a96a44d.jpg

The moving crew.. well, most of them.. Pete, Rob and Chris.. The other helper known as Mr Pickles did a runner as soon as the camera came out :lol:

TM22_zps3517b5d7.jpg

I will get some photo's of the empty shack, but here's a couple of the slightly full new workshop..  I've got a bit of sorting out to do me thinks :D

TM23_zps3b995876.jpg

TM24_zps92bcb169.jpg

So, a big THANK YOU to Chris, Pete, Rob and Mr Pickles for all your help yesterday, I couldn't of done it without your help :thumbs:

Just a quick update on the new workshack.. I've not had much time to get there and do much, but a productive day day was had Thursday.

With Nigel's help (thanks old bean :thumbs: ) we managed to get 2 benches up and some floor space cleared :)

I will get some photo's when I next get the chance to be there which is looking like Wednesday at the moment..

How far is the new shack from Hawkhurst?

its in hawkhurst home of the master builder mr nigel :D

congratulations on the new workshop ian 

nigel has certainly pulled out all the stops sorting it for you well done sir 

i will be passing soon for a visit to see how the progress is coming on 

Looks like a nice shack Ian B) Bet you cant wait to start building tractors again.

Is it far from where your new house is?

Morning all, as you know yesterday was shack contents moving day, and what a long day it was!!

I didn't take too many photo's as we were a bit busy, but here's a few..

My "extended bed" Saxon trailer with the first load..

TM18_zpsf333008f.jpg

The trailer being loaded up with a heavier load..

TM19_zpsaf3dcea7.jpg

The shack looking a bit emptier..

TM20_zps2a96a44d.jpg

The moving crew.. well, most of them.. Pete, Rob and Chris.. The other helper known as Mr Pickles did a runner as soon as the camera came out :lol:

TM22_zps3517b5d7.jpg

I will get some photo's of the empty shack, but here's a couple of the slightly full new workshop..  I've got a bit of sorting out to do me thinks :D

TM23_zps3b995876.jpg

TM24_zps92bcb169.jpg

So, a big THANK YOU to Chris, Pete, Rob and Mr Pickles for all your help yesterday, I couldn't of done it without your help :thumbs:

i like the side on shot of nigels belly  :D

Morning chaps, well today is the day the old shack comes down.. I just hope the rain goes away!!

Anyway I made a good start on stripping the inside yesterday, all the wiring is out and most of the interior panels are down.. And so far I've only found one mouse nest in the walls! :D

TM28_zpsc8f00373.jpg

TM25_zpsfe0ef799.jpg

TM26_zps001732d9.jpg

TM27_zps6df20ff5.jpg

And so the shack comes down... Mostly..

TM29_zpsd0e29b29.jpg

TM30_zpse4368374.jpg

We didn't quite manage to get it all apart, by the end of a very long day it looked like a hurricane had been through the garden :lol:

TM31_zps450eff67.jpg

Surprised you made such progress yesterday if you had the same amount of rain as was up here :rain: !.

Will be interesting to see if the ground under the raised floor look's like a Swiss Cheese or not, what with all the Bunny Wabbit activity you've had in the past :) .

Trust you will not be short of fuel for a Guy Fawkes Night Bonfire

Blimey Ian, glad I haven't got to put it together again :D

It comes with instructions Chris :lol:

Surprised you made such progress yesterday if you had the same amount of rain as was up here :rain: !.

Will be interesting to see if the ground under the raised floor look's like a Swiss Cheese or not, what with all the Bunny Wabbit activity you've had in the past :) .

Trust you will not be short of fuel for a Guy Fawkes Night Bonfire

Hi Richard, yeah it was rather a wet day.. But the shack had to come down..

I can't decide of the bunnys have dug holes under the shack or if the just use it as a through route to the yummy grass :lol:

I will find out tomorrow when the rest of the shack comes down and the floor comes up...

Yesterday was a nice day weather wise and the shack floor had never looked so clean!!

TM32_zps2f3ac459.jpg

As the first floor board came up I was wondering how many rabbit holes I would find as they do like the garden here and are/were always running under the shack!

TM33_zps8ba4aa81.jpg

As it turned out there was only slight bunny digging in one corner, but no holes.

TM35_zpsdb9fc670.jpg

I did have one very unexpected find though.. I found Limpy... Or what was left of him/her!

Limpy was a young fox cub that could be seen pottering about the place last year.. As you will of guessed Limpy had a limp hence the name..

At one point he/she wasn't look too well but the last couple of times I saw him/her, he/she was looking much better with a nice coat of fur at last..

I guess he/she wasn't doing too well as I found the remains yesterday!

TM34_zpscccacb03.jpg

Anyway, the shack is all down now, the base frame has been split into manageable size chunks that will fit on a big trailer with no problems..

And all being well it should all be taken away tomorrow which is also house moving day!!   Should be fun laugh.png

TM36_zps3d1f8650.jpg