Charlie Smith

What are you guys using this winter?

Hello All,

Today I said good bye to my 4 wheeled cart, which freed up enough room in the shed to take my two lawn rangers from the patio and put them into a dry place ... well its not 100% water tight in there...  :scratchhead:  whilst out there I got all the tractors, engines, mowers and machines I have running, too keep everything moving and oiled up. Anything that was on the patio or out and about I've now put it all away and under cover in the shed for the winter... I know its early being only October but with college now by the time I get back home its dark and cant get out there and do anything,..

So with that, I decided to get the raider 10 set up and ready for winter duties I got some 12 mm thick rubber matting this summer knowing i would use it next time i got my snow plow out instead of the tyre we had to cut up last year I think it looks far better with this rubber skirt than the tyre..... Today I got the plow fitted onto the raider 10......here's to hoping....that's if we even get snow this winter...  :fingerscrossed:  here is some pics....

post-131-0-09147200-1414440378_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-72362300-1414440421_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-17847700-1414440548_thumb.jpg

I forgot how much of a tight fit it was.....

post-131-0-30501800-1414440608_thumb.jpg

Whats your guys set ups going to be this winter?

I think the blade and chains will be on Ewan's.

C4 won't take the blade anymore because of the front axle :(

time to make a custom one for bendy then Mark!

i'll be using the c101 with snowplow or a leafblower if there isn't too much

Koen

I have two snow ploughs. One for the merry tiller and the other for the allen scythe, neither has been used in anger yet after about three winters of having them. It seems to flood more down here than snow.

Paul

I feel it in my old bones that is gonna snow quite heavy this coming winter so I am gonna put my snow blade on and then I may finally get to use the spreader theat I purchased from Chris Sutton , I will get a pic of the spreader a little later.

I think we are gonna pay for this mild weather we are having by lots of snow fall

I feel it in my old bones that is gonna snow quite heavy this coming winter so I am gonna put my snow blade on and then I may finally get to use the spreader theat I purchased from Chris Sutton , I will get a pic of the spreader a little later.

I think we are gonna pay for this mild weather we are having by lots of snow fall

Hope not Neil :fingerscrossed:  :fingerscrossed:  :fingerscrossed: , I'm on call over Christmas for winter equipment breakdowns

Love that last pict of your lil' Horse shack Charlie...       :P       :) 

almost looks like you had to lube that blade up to squeeze it in there. 

Can you get this down your lane Norm? :D Called in at HQ today & took some pics of some of the gear there. The plough is 7.2 mtrs wiide & back from foreign climes for repair,it just beat our troops back.The truck is in for fitting with plough & spreader, It's fitted as standard with airlines to the lights to keep water out when wading,could be interesting when changing a bulb.                    post-206-0-71769700-1414608421_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-45742600-1414608478_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-48740700-1414608540_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-55358100-1414608606_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-39107500-1414608649_thumb.jpgpost-206-0-09249400-1414608757_thumb.jpg :)

That's a shame that it won't fit on bendy Mark... Is there nothing you can do to maybe mod/adapt your plough so it will fit?

And Ranger, that's some nice bit of kit,... It's a tight fit getting the wheel horse blade in the shed.. Don't think I'd manage to get that blade in there ;) ;)

That's a shame that it won't fit on bendy Mark... Is there nothing you can do to maybe mod/adapt your plough so it will fit?

;)

If I get the front three point sorted, then I might just have a go....

Been on a training course today at a certain RAF airfield with a new piece of winter kit, a runway de-icer, spent most of the time watching the Red Arrows training as we were right next to the runway, It's a hard life :D :D