nigel

another project kubota 2201

just to keep me busy this winter i have another project to do at the same time as handy landy this will be a quick one though :D we pulled it into the workshop at 12 and by 4pm we had it stripped of its clothes and when i say WE i mean my boy Karl and me, all ian did was drink my coffee :D

post-97-0-30213900-1416072554_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-01168700-1416072575_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-57797100-1416072591_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-81293100-1416072607_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-80507800-1416072624_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-23831400-1416072651_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-97878900-1416072674_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-11702500-1416072697_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-80734200-1416072716_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-38256400-1416072736_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-15443000-1416072758_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-33690400-1416072778_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-38063200-1416072798_thumb.jpg

not sure of age paul i need to do some research 70s-80s it will be used on an estate mainly in the sand school for grading and towing a trailer for the gardener the problem is its an import and none of the numbers match up with records over here

yes james this one pulls like a train

I have always rated the Kubota garden tractor as the best on the market. I have bought several new ones over the years when I worked for the National Trust. Always reliable and does what it's supposed to do. I am trying to persuade one of my customers to buy a B series Kubota as the old Iseki one is beginning to play up.

Where I work there are loads of watercress beds. They have always had kubotas and I dont think I have ever seen any break down yet. There is also quite a few dealers for them around this area. (Hampshire)

Very nice, I look forward to this. I have a 1501 kubota tractor and it's brilliant, it's only 15hp but pulls really well and the hydraulics are strong.

Good luck with it.

Tom

If anyone is looking for a good used Kubota (or John Deere or Iseki for that matter) garden tractor, I would check if your local National Trust garden property got one that is being replaced as the NT would have it serviced annually and all safety checks done daily. These tractors would be used but not abused as the NT are very strict on safety and maintenance records. Furthermore, the garden staff would ensure that they are cleaned after use and are stored under cover for security reasons this keeping them out of the elements. Typically the NT would change the tractors every 8 years due to depreciation but in my experience (and I worked at few properties in my career) they didn't really need replacing as they were so well looked after. When I part exchanged an Iseki for a Kubota a few tears back, the dealer couldn't keep a straight face as he knew that he would make a good profit on the overall sale. Just a thought for anyone on the lookout for one.

found a problem today the hydraulics on this haven't been used in years any way they went up but now wont go down, they seemed to have locked up any help would be welcome Ian has had a look and cant work it out ether, has any one got a manual for these or at least tell me what lever does wot cos its baffling me :angry:

I have to say that this is a very nice machine.. If a little ugly at the front.. :)

The engine sounds good, with no exhaust it sounds great :D

If anyone has any ideas on the 3 point hydraulics it would be good to hear.. As Nigel mentioned above the lifting arm are stuck in the up position. You can move them a very little up and down but you can hear a "metal clonking" sort of sound..

A stuck valve somewhere perhaps?

Hi guys,

I'm sure you have checked but just to make sure, the knob under the seat is fully screwed out isn't it? As that locks the hydraulics arms.

Tom

Hi Tom.. Where would we find the hydraulic oil filter screen? and how would we check if the pump is working?

Yes both Nigel and I are a bit new to this kubota lark :D

Hi,

The hydraulic oil filter screen is located on the same side as the clutch and is just in front of the rear axle on the side of the transmission. It should be painted red but the paint has most likely worn off.

I would imagine the pump is working because from what I understand the arms went up but won't go back down. However, you can check the pump is working by loosening off the pipe that goes from the pump to the three point housings very slightly and see if any hydraulic oil comes out as it should be pressurised, this should give you an indication that the pump is working.

Another fault could be the pressure relief valve. Have you checked this?

If you put the lift arm lever right down and put weight on the arms do they go down? Or are they spongy or are they solid?

It's a matter of eliminating possible faults really, I am no expert but I can try my best to help you guys.

Tom

Location of the filter screen:

6d345335d5296869c80af824db34e848.jpg

Pressure relief valve diagram:

f5a74ecd43eb97c6e59e1fe691afc7eb.jpg

Tom

Thanks Tom, your being a great help :thumbs:

No we have not checked the pressure relief valve yet, it's on the list to check now..

The arms stay solid no mater what position the lever is in..

Hi tom another update i took the valve out, and the lift arms are still locked up :(  it seems to me and feels like its something mechanical holding it cos you can move the arms up and down about an inch but you get the sound of a solid clunk. would you have  or know anyone who would have a parts diagram for the rear end of this machine, before i strip it down blind, cheers Nigel.