nigel

another project kubota 2201

I know nothing about these tractors, but I'm wondering if that screw that locks the arms is working right. Maybe a broken locating spigot or spring? Can it be removed easily to see if a bit is broken off the end of the screw?  Or should I just keep quiet?

Hi,

I will have a quick look to see what I have got.

Stormin could well be right as I have heard of this happening before, I can't remember how much of a job it is to look. However with you saying there is a clonk makes me think something is broken internally which is preventing it from moving.

Before you split it I will speak to my uncle who works with these things every day and see what he has to say, he may have come across something like this before.

Tom

I know nothing about these tractors, but I'm wondering if that screw that locks the arms is working right. Maybe a broken locating spigot or spring? Can it be removed easily to see if a bit is broken off the end of the screw?  Or should I just keep quiet?

your thinking on the same lines as me norm

doug thanks for the picts but mine looks differant to yours i think

tom that would be great if you can speak to him maybe he has a diagram?

anyway he are some close up picts

post-97-0-90065400-1416504980_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-46075200-1416504999_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-26323700-1416505016_thumb.jpg

post-97-0-61113900-1416505031_thumb.jpg

Hi Nigel

The layout looks pretty similar, if you remove the end cap with the knob on I would think you should see the end of the piston, maybe it has seized in the bore -water in the oil- and the `clunk' is the play between the pushrod and the piston :fingerscrossed:

Doug.

update :)  we have sussed it

and you were all right :thumbs:  it was a mechanical fault and a hydrolic fault basicly the connecting rod had dropped out of the piston cos the piston had seized up in the liner, many thanks to every one for your imput :D 

post-97-0-13752000-1416678121_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-92287500-1416678137_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-50685900-1416678154_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-79573400-1416678169_thumb.jpg

That's nice, Nigel. Superb job by the gentleman doing the work, while you sup tea. :rolleyes:

thats ian doing the tea supping, ime doing the photos, havent a clue who the other old fellow is, i seem to have inherited him :D

Looking good, doc you sort the lift?

yes mark go back in the post and you will see what the problem was