Stormin

Ransom dozer/digger.

That is very nice!

Is that a home made build or an approved attachment made for MG crawlers??

I like the paint job B)

Is that a home made build or an approved attachment made for MG crawlers??

I think it's a bit of both. Jonathans had to make some bits himself. Hopefully he'll pop on and enlighten you.

Certainly has it was a Yorkshire Water Dumper which I bought from a guy in  Suffolk! Minus engine and skip. I had heard of a digger that would bolt in to the Chassis and found a company in France that still made them. I have dropped it lower in the frame to increase the digging depth. The dozer blade is an original ransomes Ramdozer I bought off a lad called Henry  down in Kent years ago. I used the original frame to make the blade mounting. It also has an electric start, dynamo and lights I mounted a lucas Dynastart above the gearbox driving a large pulley bolted to the back of the flywheel. Ransomes had a similar set up on some of the ITW machines just driving a dynamo but that worked on a pulley on the clutch casing. I still have a new set of track pads to fit and some of the hydraulics to connect once I have changed the connectors and shortened some of the hoses. The dozer has full side tilt both ways for spreading and snowploughing as well as acting as a ground anchor for digging. Many thanks to my friend Rhys who carried out the re furb of the main tub and track gear. ( only another twelve to do Rhys)

I dont know what is nicer, the MG or the large Snap on tool box behind it B)

It's hard to imagine anything nicer than the MG AND the Snap on tool box

They both look better in the flesh. The bit I like is you walk straight from living room into the garage. :D

A house designed around the way we think, great stuff

Just finished sorting all the hydraulics and it works a treat. Unfortunately the engine has developed an awful knock, the only thing not touched in the rebuild was the big end as it seemed ok, now have to strip it all out. Anyone got a good spare engine?

Titch sanders at Machinery Decals supplied the decals and some unique ones for the dozer copied from an original brochure picture. Thanks Titch. Most of the new parts came from Neil Jarrett and Stennets of Ipswich. Without these guys our hobby would be a lot harder.

Stripped out the engine, big end journal is badly scored, looks as if previous engine owner fitted new shells to a scored crank and subsequent wear debris has blocked oil feed. A lesson to be learned when buying parts, I checked big end for play when I had piston off but did not strip it to actually look at it. Engine has run for about 20 minutes before serious rattle started and oil pressure disappeared.I will now replace all crank bearings and timing chain and then I know for sure that every bearing in the whole tractor is as spec from new.