Wallfish

Restored Paul Bunyon chainsaw

I imported a pair of these chainsaws a few years ago, but as the original decals are long gone I'm not sure if they are Paul Bunyon saws or not. Here are some pictures of one of them.

SAM_18455a.jpgSAM_18456a.jpg

I have since seen this saw branded as both Paul Bunyan (spelling is correct) and the Chip-A-Saw, here are the decals from those. Does anyone know which is correct?

Paul Bunyan.jpgChip A Saw.JPG

David

23 hours ago, the showman said:

Ive always got wood to saw up Paul if you want to try it out. :lol:

Have you Chris, you kept that quiet :D

Paintwork and decals are so good I won't be touching them, will be asking Titch nicely to replicate some of the Paul Bunyan decals just to finish it off .

Found a better picture of the Paul Bunyan decal, from the Chainsaw Collectors forum, thread linked below;

http://www.chainsawcollectors.se/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=12848

58975b919b2ad_paulbunyandecal.jpg.7b15f1de328e32f83b07b86f108fe77c.jpg

Looks like some had this decal instead, another poor quality picture saved from ePay.

58975d3c6a028_PaulBunyandecal2.jpg.d8f9ea94660d7f72271d3bf02aca62c7.jpg

Here are some pictures of a yellow Chip-A-Saw that sold recently.

58975f0f00596_Chip-A-Saw1.jpg.9a959c6cdf3160da192ce18df5399d9d.jpg58975f114d556_Chip-A-Saw2.jpg.050c7495929ab1b1b7aff44bb6903c11.jpg58975f14be9e3_Chip-A-Saw3.jpg.105b05606b6a3c1d7e66435cbcbb5884.jpg58975f16cb654_Chip-A-Saw4.jpg.5258a467d7e1c6b5769797b572e9ae76.jpg

David

On 2/3/2017 at 7:39 PM, Webhead said:

Hey John (Wallfish), These guys across the pond are beginning to pass us up...

Na, they're still catching up unless one of them has about 50.

BUT, they sure do find some stuff and it's slim pick'n over there compared to here. ( SO, maybe on that curve these guys are closer than I think).

One thing for sure, it's guys like this which keep the hobby of collecting these little items alive and well.

46 minutes ago, Wallfish said:

BUT, they sure do find some stuff and it's slim pick'n over there compared to here. ( SO, maybe on that curve these guys are closer than I think).

One thing for sure, it's guys like this which keep the hobby of collecting these little items alive and well.

12 at the last count :)

It's you guys that have inspired me to collect these little machines (as well as everything else I collect ! ), and for that I thank you. :thumbs:

On 2/4/2017 at 0:39 AM, Webhead said:

Hey John (Wallfish), These guys across the pond are beginning to pass us up...

On 2/5/2017 at 8:37 PM, Wallfish said:

Just done a quick count and I have 29 different tools (a few more if you count different versions of the same tool) in my collection, 13 of which have been found over here. There is also quite a lot of engines here too, as well as a few duplicate tools. Definitely still catching up though. :)

David

6 hours ago, factory said:

Just done a quick count and I have 29 different tools (a few more if you count different versions of the same tool) in my collection, 13 of which have been found over here. There is also quite a lot of engines here too, as well as a few duplicate tools. Definitely still catching up though.

Not really, you ARE caught up. Think I have around 35 different tools, the rest are different versions and duplicates. Looks like I'm going to have to pull them all out and count.