Wallfish

Ford Eagle chainsaw

I have a similar model, a Mark II but never opened it up. The tank has to split somewhere and like most O&R equipment, you'll need to dismantle quite a bit of it to get at the part you need to fix.

I know the oil pumps in the Mustang saws get caught up when the pump's piston gets pushed in too far but can easily be "unstuck" through the filler hole with a small screwdriver. This seems to occur when the tank has been left dry for long periods with no oil in it. You might be able to do the same thing if the problem is that it's stuck in the pushed position.

Looks like my Challenger Mark IID chain saw is fitted with a Walbro HDC6 carb, I will have to double check tomorrow as the picture isn't very clear. Are there any other bits missing?

SAM_10449e.jpg

Also is the engine type the same as mine, 20A-258?

It should be on a plate like this.

k6e.jpg

David

Edited by factory
Corrected carb part no.

Your engine is model 20A-274, so there are probably some slight differences to mine, I suspect the starter mechanism will be different as mine has the early type.

I took the carb off mine for a better look at the model number, the carb fitted is a Walbro HDC6 (I've corrected the previous post).

Also I have found the first error with the model 20A maintenance manual, as the carb has a right angle fuel inlet and the manual shows an incorrect carb model no. below the picture.

Here are some pictures of the carb and the other parts you may be missing.

SAM_10899e.jpg

SAM_10896e.jpg

SAM_10893e.jpg

SAM_10892e.jpg

SAM_10890e.jpg

I thought mine was complete but it seems the fuel lines to the carb are missing. :banghead:

The tank outlet is hidden under the starter mechanism housing.

David

Hello,

Curious if anyone on this chain discussing the Mark II chainsaw has ever ended up rebuilding the HDC 6 carburetor. If so, did you buy a repair kit and do you have the part number?  I’ve done some research for the HDC 6 carburetor and all I’m coming up with is a repair kit number of K10-HDC and wondering if this will work.

Thanks,

Clint

Try asking Webhead, he may still have some original O&R rebuild kits, that's where I got mine from.

@revmix used a K10-HDC repair kit from China bought on eBay.

David