Wallfish

Warn Winch

Looks like one of the Cox versions came up on ePay…. I don’t know how to retrieve photos from ePay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203753966277?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=0By7azldNoeDkAa9NgMbXioeKc4%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

21 hours ago, CNew said:

Looks like one of the Cox versions came up on ePay…. I don’t know how to retrieve photos from ePay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203753966277?autorefresh=true&nma=true&si=0By7azldNoeDkAa9NgMbXioeKc4%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Did ya get it? That went real cheap. Looks like it would easily convert to an O&R powered winch

Unfortunately I didn’t win, found it right as it was finishing and threw a number in there before I had time to really review it. It does look like the O&R swap would be pretty easy.  O’well, missed another one. It’s been harder and harder to find items I don’t have and when I do I can’t afford them…

For once, the seller was right about something being rare ! LoL

I don't really search for stuff that often anymore but wish I saw that one.

I came across this post looking for info on the Warn winch you guys are talking about. I believe I am the one that bought it on eBay. The owner said it pulls over (which it does, with compression) but he said it won’t fire. I was looking for any ideas howto get a parts manual or someone I could send it off to for possible rebuild. Any help would be great. It is a GW 801 b and the serial number is 548 68

Hi Scott- great snag on the winch, I came in on the last few seconds or I would have given you a run for your money 😀

If it had the O&R engine I think it would be easier to get more info. I was personally very interested in that winch as I had hoped to do a conversion and swap the Cox engine to make it an O&R powered unit. I’m not that familiar with the Cox 140 engine but maybe someone else on here has some ideas. 

On 1/4/2022 at 4:23 PM, Scott Adams said:

he said it won’t fire.

There's a set of points under the flywheel which most likely need the contact surfaces cleaned.

Pull the flywheel off and have a look or post a pic.

Here's a 140 manual. I'm interested in it if you can't get it running and want to sell

Cox 140 Owners Manual.pdf