Wallfish

Polaris Power Pole snow thrower

The one pictured above is just made as a snow blower but Polaris Power Pole did make a version in which the engine could be attached to different attachments.

An Ice Auger and an Outboard are the two I know of.

You are a wealth of knowledge on ohlsson and rice.  I'm hoping the grandson or daughter of rice will post a picture of their grandfather with his car he made.  The reason I asked about the snow thrower, was that I just bought one yesterday, and they told me that it comes with attachments.  I doubt I will ever be able to get one.  I would like to get the outboard.

I have one of the Polaris Power Pole power-heads, still in it's box. But I don't think I will ever find any of the attachments to go with it.

Both the Snow Blower and the Power-Head were featured in Popular Mechanics magazine, the Snow Blower is in the December 1964 edition here; https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=SOMDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA24#v=onepage&q&f=false

The article mentions they were planning 11 other attachments including a lawn mower, grass trimmer, generator, sickle mower and the outboard motor (Power Oar). I wonder how many they actually made.

And a Power Auger for ice is featured in the Jan 1965 edition here; https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ReMDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA130#v=onepage&q&f=false

A few other attachments are mentioned on page 222 including a hedge clipper and pump.

David

58e14ef1e283a_PolarisPowerPoleSAM_6713e.thumb.jpg.be2870898249f35dcd0530128f6cb393.jpg

58e14ef40e469_PolarisPowerPoleSAM_6725e.thumb.jpg.02a6738c9d5de84eb04bdd2d349319ab.jpg

Wow, looks brand new.  The one I purchased doesn't look brand new, but it's not so bad.  Wall fish sent me a picture of the outboard motor, I would see about making it one large rc boat.  Let me know if you decide to sell it.

The one I purchased isn't new, so you know the new one you have in a box I wouldn't use, just the one that's on the pole now.  I would also clear paint my pole with por 15 or something better to prolong the life of the pole if I use it for moving snow.