the showman

Toro Professional 70

Had another go at the engine, dropped the sump off and unbolted the big end, managed to nock the piston down a bit, cleaned of the rust in the bore

and then managed to get the piston out, the bore has had it which is a shame as the internals look really clean.

pulled out some old stock from under the bench and found one with a spark and compression , the only thing it has is a broken head bolt and no threaded

hole in the end of the crank, so the question is do I drill and tap the crank or swop it with the duff engine ?

post-98-0-04129900-1416939612.jpg

post-98-0-67526000-1416939632.jpg

That engine looks nasty Chris, I'd be tempted to try drilling and tapping a hole in the end of the crank rather than pulling a couple of engines apart to swap parts..

He'd have still got it. :D

I used to do that, but I'm getting a little more conservative in my old age and don't want to do a ground up on every tractor I get. Anymore if it don't turn free and maybe have some attachments, i'll let some one else worry over it.

I would have a go at drilling the crank 1st Chris

If you eck it up then go to plan B! :D

whoa!!!

how many spare kohlers....

None of them fit a Cub 100 then Chris :hide:

I would have a go at drilling the crank 1st Chris

If you eck it up then go to plan B! :D

None of them fit a Cub 100 then Chris :hide:

My thoughts aswell Chris, The Cub has a Kohler that I have never seen, the block casting is totally different  to any ive had, tried them all on Pauls Cub