Chris

More bolens traction

Ooo yes, I like the look of wide rubber... :lol:  Very nice Chris.. If you ballast the tyres it will become unstoppable :thumbs:

I have a mate who has a dead HT20 c/w rear wheel weights. He does not want to sell them to me..........................Yet! :D

the only trouble with wide tires is if your going to plow, they ride up on the turned earth in the furrow. I find its almost better to add weights and go with a narrower tire. Sometimes I run duals.

I have a mate who has a dead HT20 c/w rear wheel weights. He does not want to sell them to me..........................Yet! :D

You could always fit inner tubes and fill them with a water/screen wash mix.. I did that when I had big rear tyres fitted to my WH 312-8.. The traction was amazing and the slight sloshing sound was relaxing :D

Why screen wash Ian, rather than an anti freeze/coolant and water soloution? I'm thinking i may do that on my 312-8 ;) The water in the tube ballast thing that is, i already have the wide AG's B)  Although nothing like as grippy and cool looking as these you have Chris!

I am sure you will eventually wear him down. Don't stop at the wheel weights, you need to aim to buy the complete tractor.

Iain

You could always fit inner tubes and fill them with a water/screen wash mix.. I did that when I had big rear tyres fitted to my WH 312-8.. The traction was amazing and the slight sloshing sound was relaxing :D

I could have fitted them tube less & filled them with water. I do have a water balasting valve tool at work which would have done the job

I am sure you will eventually wear him down. Don't stop at the wheel weights, you need to aim to buy the complete tractor.

Iain

I would if he offered. Would make you cry if I told you what he paid for it, it did me!  He did burn a few tanks of fuel to collect it though

Why screen wash Ian, rather than an anti freeze/coolant and water soloution? I'm thinking i may do that on my 312-8 ;) The water in the tube ballast thing that is, i already have the wide AG's B)  Although nothing like as grippy and cool looking as these you have Chris!

Screen wash won't freeze and it's far less harmful to the environment than anti-freeze should it leak out :)

I was chatting to a buddy in the US last night and he has just bought a pair of new chevrons 23x10.5-12 for his Bolens H16 and he ended up paying the same price for a pair that we would pay for a single tyre, which was about £70.

At that price I would be very happy to call them "tires" rather than "tyres"

Iain