Wallfish

Little Petro mini bike

Courtesy of 10242130

Here is a Brochure picture of a Little Petro minibike.It was made in the early to mid 60's by Odom Manufacturing.This is the same company that made the Petro Powered Products Drill that is on this site along with quite a few other Ohllson & Rice powered tools.Jim Odom also Produced the Comet C Saw for Comet.I will be putting pictures of my Little Petro bikes on this site soon,I need to crop them all as the file size's are too big . Only about 12 of these bikes have been located to date,quite a rare bike.

This particular Brochure shows the bike with a TAS engine,but early on,they used the Olhsson & Rice.

With O&R

post-9-0-66711700-1416517515_thumb.png

post-9-0-21357300-1416517758_thumb.png

Thank you! I just may do that. If I can't find a P7, or if I decide to use the motor I believe to be better designed. I am most likely going to deviate from how my bike was when new. I like the blue paint much better from an aesthetic viewpoint. There are no serial numbers or I.D. on the frame, so I can build it with late or early production specs if I want. I may port the lil 'smoker and up the carb size just for fun...lol. Either way, it's gonna be awesome to see it done, and hear it run again. It's my very first piston motor as a lil gearhead. Popped my cherry, if you will. Lol. Ken

The better designed engine will be the P7, the Japanese ripped off the basic design but made improvements which made their version much more reliable. Those guys always seem to engineer a good engine.

To be quite honest, the O&Rs are good for collecting, not so reliable for constant use.

Hello Everyone. I'm trying to restore a Little Petro. My wife had one 50+ years ago. I need HELP.  I need : Seat, Chain Guard/Cover, a better Tanaka Engine and/or carburetor rebuild kit, Engine mounting bracket, Gas tank, Blue Hand grips. Maybe you have a chain guard or a seat .... and a mold could be made OR maybe you have a mold? If you have any Little Petro parts or a lead from some please Private Message me or send info to hkillackey@aol.com . Thanks