pmackellow

Sussex Meet and Greet, March 16th

Sussex Meet and Greet at the Lavender Line preserved railway, Isfield, East Sussex

10am start, breakfast and train rides available and the chance for a good chinwag !!

For more details ring me on 01892 664786

Paul

Come on folks its the first greet of the year at a pleasent old southern railway station on what was on the old brighton line , theres a probably about a miles ride on the train a small station shop , plus have a go at pulling a lever in the old signal box.

The food is very good in the restaurant. Usually a very pleasant day in our own county of sussex.

Wendy and I went to Isfield station this morning to make sure that the breakfast was up to scratch (as you do... and it was), and to give the ladies a couple of adverts for our event to put up in the cafe, which they were more than happy to do..

Only four weeks to go, it will be here sooner than you know !! :)

I won't be attending, but the mention of the Lavender Line sent me to Google maps. About 35yrs ago I was staying with friends at Wrotham and visited a railway. Turns out that was it. Thanks for jogging the memory.

Sorry missed reading this yesterday evening, pleased to have jogged your memory Stormin'

Isfield station was closed by British Railways in 1969 and sat derelict until purchased in an auction by Dave Milham in 1983

The station was restored and track relaid, the railway was sold on to the Lavender Line Preservation Society in 1993

I helped run an annual Vintage Motorcycle Run from the station from 1984 to 1986 and then carried on with the event as a Memorial Run until 1992.

The horticultural meet and greet events have been held at the station over the past four or five years so you could say I have been involved with events at Isfield for quite a few years...

Im working a night shift, starting at 10pm on the 14th, finishing 6am on 15th....... If its a quiet one, and I get some shut eye, I will load up the Atco and do the 2 hour drive down to you........ Hopefully!!!

sorry paul but iam unable to come as iam going to a bring and buy sale, its a good chance to get rid of some stuff ive got hanging around

Ok Chris, pity you can't make it but its your call...

Im working a night shift, starting at 10pm on the 14th, finishing 6am on 15th....... If its a quiet one, and I get some shut eye, I will load up the Atco and do the 2 hour drive down to you........ Hopefully!!!

Thanks Darren, it would be much appreciated if you did come along, you are sure of a warm welcome !!!

Thanks Nigel, just got to get the other one along now...

Are you talking about me Paul? :D

well this old gits coming :D

Got a spare seat in your wagon Nigel?