Tom

New addition - Wheel horse 312-8

I'm sure you guys know I like pictures so here are a few more for you!

Hauling some wood for the fire:

1c340cf354ecd9f1887566a0b62e02f6.jpg

After a quick wash:

fc040d6ad3ff8e15b37ee13027d6a67f.jpg

I also got the deck out for a wash:

6b2d29085203f81f447788953230f93e.jpg

8b044a83f680f9ae553d3ff572f7f690.jpg

After it had been washed and oiled:

8d1c145f7d4d95b4646677f2f8dd3176.jpg

da94ca0241d1dc239024cfad490209e4.jpg

I'm still unsure whether to put the deck away in storage or sell it, I will never use it...

Tom

Tom, it's always good to see someone using thier machinery and looking after it as well. Good on you. I would have that deck myself if I had a Å´heel Horse that is!

I can't believe that Iain bought your WH, he must be colour blind or you told him it was a Bolens in disguise! He's very pleased with it.

Nice to see a tractor working ;) Looks cleaner than my 312-8 at the moment :P Thanks for sharing the pics.

Andrew you could extend your collecting to Wheel Horses and buy my 312-8 complete with deck end of this year beginning of next when i've finished needing two tractors ;)

Tom.. Remind me Monday about the missing snowplow bolt.. I found it the other day...  I also found the cutting deck belt cover...   

It's amazing how things can hide away in a workshop!

Thanks for all your positive comments, I really appreciate it! I love pottering around on it but it always feels better when you have a job to do with it.

I'll try to remind you Monday Ian, hopefully I won't forget either :D

Tom

Nice to see a tractor working ;) Looks cleaner than my 312-8 at the moment :P Thanks for sharing the pics.

Andrew you could extend your collecting to Wheel Horses and buy my 312-8 complete with deck end of this year beginning of next when i've finished needing two tractors ;)

Daniel,

Don't you start on my adding to my collecting habit; I am in enough trouble as it is! In any case, my next one is a Cub Cadet (thanks Chris) or a Gutbrod or Bolens 600 or a very early Å´heel Horse but only when I have got the other two Safely home. I think you will be smitten by the Bolens bug once you have worked your magic on the 1254....

Cheers

Thanks for all your positive comments, I really appreciate it! I love pottering around on it but it always feels better when you have a job to do with it.

I'll try to remind you Monday Ian, hopefully I won't forget either :D

Tom

That is a great tractor, Tom. Look better in the flesh than the pictures :thumbs:

Daniel,

Don't you start on my adding to my collecting habit; I am in enough trouble as it is! In any case, my next one is a Cub Cadet (thanks Chris) or a Gutbrod or Bolens 600 or a very early Å´heel Horse but only when I have got the other two Safely home. I think you will be smitten by the Bolens bug once you have worked your magic on the 1254....

Cheers

Andrew, I think you need a Wheelhorse for your collection, if you need to sell your Bolens to fund it I am sure I could help :)

Andrew, I think you need a Wheelhorse for your collection, if you need to sell your Bolens to fund it I am sure I could help

Iain, I can counteract you generous offer by saying if you need to appease your wife with reducing your collection I can assist by buying several of your Bolens and the Cub Cadet !

Evening all,

I have been clearing out and re-doing my workshop and have finally finished painting the floor and have started moving back in and couldn't resist getting the 312-8 in for some maintenance.

On the bench:

photo%206.jpg

I am installing a slot hitch so I stole the wire conduit off of my C-141 and installed it on this:

photo%207.jpg

Slot hitch in place, I'm just waiting on some small D shackles:

photo%209.jpg

I also removed the front wheel and spindles, de-greased them in my new parts washer, and put it all back together :D Bearings were all OK and the wheel spin much better now and the steering is also better. No pictures of it disassembled but here it is reassembled!!

photo%208.jpg

Parts pile growing!

photo%2011.jpg

I have still yet to do an engine service, replace transmission oil, weld up hi-low lever, finish off slot hitch and whatever else I can remember! Thanks for looking.

Tom

All back together now Norm :D

I had an afternoon on it today, got the hitch all connected up after getting some stainless steel D shackles. I also welded the high - low lever up; it feels so good to have low range back!!

Hitch in place:

photo%2012.jpg

Lever back in place :D

photo%2013.jpg

All back together:

photo%2014.jpg

Back on the bench ready for an engine service and to flush out the transmission in the next few days..

photo%2015.jpg

It's getting there now, I also have a plough lined up for it which should be installed in the next few weeks which I can hopefully put to work at Rural past times event. Thanks for looking.

Tom

Hi all,

I have been a bit distracted with my new wheel horse however the 312-8 had it's service and went back into the tractor shed. I haven't really used it for about 3 weeks but it started right up however wouldn't run without some choke, I'm presuming there is some dirt in the carb or something. I actually got it out to test a trailer I quickly banged together. It was an old wheel barrow that was destined for the scrap yard but after a bit of cutting and welding we had a trailer with a drawbar. It's a nice size to haul wood down to the house with!

27C25016-F6CB-4209-B0AA-E517B6B9C6A7.jpg

Tom

Tom,

I had the chance to have a look through my WH parts and found this

post-276-0-84134600-1431371302_thumb.jpg

I have no idea if it works or not and it does need a clean. If this is the type you are looking for I will put it in the truck for next Tuesday, unless you need it sooner.

Cost = FOC, better on your tractor doing some good than collecting dust on my shelf

Iain

Hi Iain,

That's perfect, I would appreciate if you could bring it next Tuesday, thank you so much. We will have a square up on Tuesday too, I can't give you nothing for it!!

Tom

Looking well Tom

Supprised you have not sold this one also ;)  B)

This ones staying, for now ;)

Looks like a good worker and a strong tractor.

Thank you, it certainly is a good worker, a real tough machine.

Tom