Anglo Traction

Ideas for a Forum Logo

Brilliant, VERY open to the talented amongst us.  The logo needs to be based on this: (for this skin)

If interested, I have the psd file for the logo as well as the fonts used.

post-2-0-44264400-1390353468_thumb.png

Hi Folks,

I'd like to offer to try something here and what I will also offer is some 'freebie' small stickers for us to put onto vans/toolboxes etc etc if that helps. I'd supply say 100 free of charge on the lines of say 5" x 2" .. any thoughts on this.

For example though, my work is generally in Spot Colours, so the modern day common use of faded & graduated colours isn't so easy on my machines, I'm not a user of the modern ink printing systems, nor ever ever will be, and that is inevitably how modern work is produced.

Like the mirrored in water effect and the shining star on the existing header .. I'd have to reproduce that as spot - solid colours.

If Nylyon you could email me that pdf I'll have a go at it, happily, or is there a bit of a 'free hand' if need...

Again, if I can help with promoting the website/forum, I am more than happy to!

Titch

I might have a peek this weekend and see if I can come up with something... I can do any colour/shade, but they never look as crisp as your solid thermal colours.......

sounds like we are up for a bake off titch :D

I'm good at chopping, changing and generally playing about with images, just not on creating them from scratch. So please guy's have a go and see what you can come up with.

O' Eck Mark, I can't bake unless it's in a tin!!

Here's a few ideas folks, but I must crack on with some other work now for a few hours ... just some ideas to ponder on!post-95-0-29736000-1390383190_thumb.jpg

WOW Titch , I would happily go along with any of those , got a kinda vintage feel to them to

Would be good to have something like those on this forum front page

Kinda like the bottom two

Titch, those are amazing.  When I get back home (traveling at the moment in lovely Pennsylvania) I can send you the Adobe PSD for the default banner.  If you could overlay the image to fit in that space (like in post #2) I can add it to the forum.  You do very nice work, and I love the nostalgic look to the logos!

I think I like C the best since it's classic design and it would likely fit in the allocated space.

I like them all. I like the Skin design that Karl has produced for it, but as mentioned, it may be difficult to reproduce in physical form.

I also like the Old 'Victorian Toffee Tin' styles from Titch......give's character to the subject of 'Old Metal'  

I'll throw in another possible complication here and enquire if there will ever be a need or likelihood for Embroidered Cap Badges?.

A reasonable Simplicity in design would be called for if they were to be produced.

If not, then there could be a compromise between a Forum Skin and the Logo......

My old Silk Screen Print and design skills don't feature in this day and age, suffice to say I agree the practicality of Block colours on Sticker Logos etc,

but I like the idea of merging the Old Style into the stylish Forum Header !.......could that be achieved?. 

Spooky, Karl has just beaten me to it. 

Hi folks, thanks for the comments.

But these are just my initial ideas, I'm sure there's others out there.

I would say though, that I think landscape suits the forum header best, what's a 'Skin' though folks?? I'm a bit older fashioned/traditional in my thoughts and therefore a bit behind the door with some terminology ...

We then have to consider what other applications a 'logo' would or could be used for. Embroidery etc as 'patches' for sewing on overalls? Caps etc?? The more simple the design the easier and cheaper to set up and I think landscape suits the intention best. I have contacts in the embroidery job for this if need, related to my work of course. IF it's something I could help with, then it would need to be in a format that my machines operate in though.

Also, Colours??? Maybe I'm fond of traditional British colours with my Cream & Greens etc, again, this is just my initial ideas.

Please see that I'm not trying to 'sell' myself here, but real keen to help if I can, honestly!

My personal opinion is A or C as they seem to catch the eye apon a quick look at the page layout.. but ... they are just some ideas.. I could do more this evening possibly if anyone wishes that I try.

Of course, more folk will not be on the computers today, we may well yet receive some more ideas during the evenings.

Right, I must go now ... more projects to set up....

Titch

For just initial ideas they are fantastic Titch.

As for the "skin". If you scroll right to the base of the page you will see a change theme button. You can change how your page looks from there..

Just as an 'aside' the thread subject, if you like pictures and have a few minutes, I did  a Google search for 'Images of Old Machines' and there are some awesome images of Old Gear and Rusting Hulks...worth having look !

going on Richards simple solid colours idea, heres my first attempt

mom_zpsd2cb4cff.jpg

I like the idea of being able to associate a logo and then apply it - either as a sticker or embroidery. Short of nicking a wheel and a horse picture and sticking them together, a cog and a piston seemed quite apt... :D

I've had another play this morning, but unsure if the 'header' idea is universal.. I guess we have to consider other applications sometime too.....

Titchpost-95-0-23412600-1390731957_thumb.jpg