Webhead

O&R Generator? Not!

I purchased this genset off of a guy that claimed he had an NOS O&R generator and did not have the capability of taking and sending photos. I figured I'd take a chance and thought that it may be a real oddball that I may not have. Well, I received it today and it sure was new in the box, but it was no O&R. Either way, it's pretty cool and a tiny 1.1 hp engine that I've never heard of. After doing some research, I believe that it may be related to a Subaru. Just another variation of a Japanese O&R knockoff.

post-321-0-51909900-1420517779_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-44846300-1420517797_thumb.jpg

post-321-0-95367200-1420517809_thumb.jpg

That's kind of funny, not sure how the PO could read O&R out of the word Robin but....

Still a very cool looking unit. I've been looking for an old Tanaka generator but just haven't found the right one.

Are you going to keep it?

Is that a Canadian thing?

I've seen curved blades for twist lock plugs but don't ever remember seeing a 2 prong 110v curved plug.

Wonder if you can just make one from the twist lock type if you can't something that fits.

That #6 certainly looks like that's it and it states that normal 110v US plugs will fit into it.

Jam one in there Joe and let us know how it works out :fingerscrossed:

Thanks Factory and John! A regular 2 prong, non-grounding plug worked. I'm liking this thing. Can't find one tidbit of info on it tho.