meadowfield

nothing now - from the ashes, new workshop

Good to see you rebuilding your shed at last Mark, I bet you have been missing the extra space..

Do I see project bendy has moved in already?

I remember the fire Mark , that was a pretty aweful day for you .

Onwards & Upwadrs now though

still a lot of fire soot lying around by the black on those timbers

For just a few quid a quick spray round internally & externally  of cuprinol or a similar solution prior to painting   will prevent bugs infecting the wood & will prevent rot .

Have you seen that creosote substitute stuff? It works as well as the original (but no longer available do to health and safety), that is the wood sucks it right in..

It even smells the same..

The shed is like a phoenix rising from the ashes Mark...

was reading where member on RedSquare recently posted about using used motor oil a a wood preservative...

sounds like an interesting alternative, but not too sure what the environmental police might think of it.    :ph34r:

Have you seen that creosote substitute stuff? It works as well as the original (but no longer available do to health and safety), that is the wood sucks it right in..

It even smells the same..

I take it you're referring to products with names like 'Creocoat'? Well, my experience was initially that it smells right and goes in well but 12 months later green algy stuff was growing on the fences. Problem is that it's a mixture of things but deosn't include all of the original Creosote content.

Re did all of the fences a year later with proper coal tar creosote which is available if you go online - comes in 25 litre plastic drums and works out much cheaper than the substitute products.  No green gank this winter!

It's like all of the decent paints have disappeared from DIY outlets but are still available for professional or in this case agricultural use.

Andy

I used cresote on my fences last year , the amount of complaints  from the youngsters i got about the smell , but older people said how nice it was to smell as it took them back to their childhood .

I personally like the smell

The workshop is coming along nicelt Mark , What are you going to use as roof covering ?

The roof has felt shingles, for some reason I only took about two pictures.... It was also dark when I did it - was determined to get it weatherproof Sunday night. Pics to follow this week.

You are right Mark

Still use any old oil Mixed with creosote

Some of our fences are nigh on thirty years old

Nearly as old as you :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: