nigel

the pacemaker

Paul,  your shed / s must be like the Tardis.  I seem to remember when you bought John's Cub a few months ago, you said you might JUST have room for it. :yankchain:  How many since then and how many more can you squeeze in. ?

Ah that was before we moved to a bigger storage unit Alan :D

To be fair I am getting rid of my two Nash Boadicea mowers as part of the deal so I am making a bit of space... to fill it again :D

I think he's going into competition with The Showman. How much you can get into a confined space.  :D

No contest Norm Chris is much better at space filling than I am :bow:

Ben said it was ok last time he tried it, the starter pull is a bit dodgy but I have got another one

Too cold today to do much other than park it on the shelf in the shed and give it a quick clean up,will have a good look at it over the next week

Its less than 4 feet long (just), so about the same as a Mowett Mustang :)

When I first got involved with the mower business in the late 70s we had a machine in for service for which the only source of parts was John Harston . It wasn't a Pacemaker but at the moment the old brain isn't coming up with the name.

In a previous life the Pacmaker name was on a three engined twin bowl motor scraper !

When I first got involved with the mower business in the late 70s we had a machine in for service for which the only source of parts was John Harston . It wasn't a Pacemaker but at the moment the old brain isn't coming up with the name.

In a previous life the Pacmaker name was on a three engined twin bowl motor scraper !

Thanks for that information, I assume John Harstons is long gone ??

I spoke to a bloke that used to work for them at the time in the early 70s and the information he gave me was they imported a few pacemakers in from Italy but had lots of complaints that they didn't cut grass very well so they sent most of them back, the few that remained rotted the decks out and were scrapped this one is thought to be the only one left, when I got it I had to rebuild the deck

I spoke to a bloke that used to work for them at the time in the early 70s and the information he gave me was they imported a few pacemakers in from Italy but had lots of complaints that they didn't cut grass very well so they sent most of them back, the few that remained rotted the decks out and were scrapped this one is thought to be the only one left, when I got it I had to rebuild the deck

Thanks for the info mate :thumbs: