paul

horti culto

Hi All

Got this yesterday. A  Allen & Simmonds horti culto with four sets of blades and a spare set of wheels. It has a Villiers mk7 engine on it but no spark as yet. Any info on these machines would be great as I have never seen one. post-109-0-39483100-1421701574.jpg

Paul

Hi All

I have finished this old girl now and tried it out on the veggie plot. Great little machine, still no info on it yet though. I will put some photos up soon.

Paul

Hello,

Just found this post - a little late I know! I have one of these in my shed. My Da  bought it new in the early '60s. You can remove the rotovator bit and fit a grass mower. We used it for many many years - both to cut a large lawn area and to cultivate our vegetable patch. My Da removed the blue cover from the tines because stones regularly got caught there and stalled the machine! It was a heavy machine to push around the lawn - I remember as a 12 year old! There was also a hedge trimmer which attached to the other side from the above picture. I remember there being a book with it but I don't think I have it.

I haven't started it in a good many years. The mower is attached at present. I will try and get a photo at some stage.

Jim.