steve d

ota monarch

Thaught you might like to see my ota monarch tractor of 1952.ive owned her for a lot of years now and she is one of my most prized pieces in my collection. It is powered by a ford 10 engine and is petrol paraffin.

post-102-0-94098900-1390425589_thumb.jpg

Thaught you might like to see my ota monarch tractor of 1952.ive owned her for a lot of years now and she is one of my most prized pieces in my collection. It is powered by a ford 10 engine and is petrol paraffin.

Not sure how I missed this post of yours last night Steve, but that is one very fine example. I can see why you treasure it. It all look's right, the Tank Seat is great, as is the colour scheme. Well done. This is what this place is all about. 

Edit- it's also the same age as me and I know which has weathered the years better :(  

Edited by Anglo Traction

Nice tractor Steve, now I've seen two (I think) Would this one be a Monarch as well?

attachicon.gifota.jpg

Seen at Netley Marsh 2013

Andy

hi andy

The ota you have pictured is the early three wheel version. But these were not known as monarchs .it was only the four wheeled ones that were. Later on ota was taken over by singer cars .and I d ont think it was long after they stopped building these little gems.

hi andy

The ota you have pictured is the early three wheel version. But these were not known as monarchs .it was only the four wheeled ones that were. Later on ota was taken over by singer cars .and I d ont think it was long after they stopped building these little gems.

Thanks, I'm learning so many new things already on this forum. :D

Andy

Looks similar in size and design as the Wheelhorse Seniors. 

ive only seen pics of the senior and looking forward to seeing neils at some point.but the gearboxes seem very alike three forward plus reverse .only the parts on the ota were fitted to a ford popular.

As with many of these smaller tractors being built just after the war and the early to mid fifties in this country.