diggerjames

Ransomes turf Trac / steiner 4x4 utility tractor

Hi all I've recently purchased a ransomes Turf Trac which is made by steiner it's an American machine it's 4x4 hydrostatic I don't no much about these but they seem massive In the states , I'm picking it up tomorrow ! Hopefully more pics to follow and information !

post-166-0-94860400-1422645878.jpg

I really like that, it looks great. A cab to keep you warm on these winter days too. I want one now that I have seen your pictures.

It would be great to see more when you get it home.

Iain

Hi all just a quick update I've got it home now , I'm going thru it all the workings of the tractor and I'm quite impressed with what it has , more of that to come along with pictures I've being looking for a replacement engine for it , it should have a three cylinder kubota engine around 20 hp but they are like hens teeth to find a good one at the right money . As the tractor takes it's drive thru a little prop shaft fitted to the crank pulley I could fit any engine into it ( with in reason ) , so I've been offered a very modern 4 cylinder jcb Perkins mini digger engine at the right price so I'm gonna measure it and see if it will fit in the engine bay etc more pictures to come !

post-166-0-77766100-1422899396_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-62048800-1422899421_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-99211300-1422899444_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-22866900-1422899456.jpg

Hi just a quick update brother nathan us off to skipton to pick up a Jacobsen triking mower which I've bought for the three cylinder kubota engine , it comes complete with all the ancillaries etc , which is what I need and hopefully parts to make the drive shaft between engine and hydraulic pump! , So tomorrow should see more photos and progress !

Hi all well today has been quite productive I've stripped down the Jacobsen with the help of Nathan and Sam what a sod they are to work on not nice at all but hay ho , the Jacobson has come with lots of usable parts pumps and wheel motors ready for another project ( how many is that Mark ) :) , so I've had to coo le a drive shaft together and use what I've had , and we have manged to get the engine in which is in and inline but just doesn't seem to sit right in the mountains so I'm gonna re design that but I have had it running and it runs well and every thing seems to work so now that ino it isn't a basket case I'm gonna look at making a longer drive shaft and sitting the engine in further forward , any way pics to follow!

post-166-0-87804200-1423339778_thumb.jpg

post-166-0-04450200-1423339789_thumb.jpg