Simon Taylor

nice pub, shame about the rotting farm machinery.

Hi All,

Back in the 1980's, the Plough at powdermills (near hildenborough, kent) had a lovely display of farm stuff, chaff cutters but also bigger seed rattlers, and corn rippers or whatever they were.

but now after many years and changes of landlord, the one proud display next to the car park has become overgrown to the extent that most of the stuff is concealed from view.

I am wondering if somebody might try and see if this stuff can be saved. some of it may only be good for parts, but other items may be restorable.

there is a representitive pic or two below, but please visit my album to see all the pics at...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/123783909@N06/

15831731963_29114b9aea_z.jpgIMG_3543 by lister53827, on Flickr

15829344414_cf8da6cd57_z.jpgIMG_3539 by lister53827, on Flickr

16265609679_c249e0bdca_z.jpgIMG_3541 by lister53827, on Flickr

Hopefully, somebody might be able to rescue these?

Some fascinating pic there Simon , I wished I lived nearer as I would enquire about finding them a new home,

Love the Royal Enfield , is it yours?

Hi Simon, Welcome to MOM, have fun and make yourself at home..  

I agree it's such a shame to see the machines unloved and buried away in nettles.. I used to drive though Hildenborough all the time, but I never went down Powdermill lane..

Looking through your Flickr photo's I see you quite like old pillar boxes and abandoned MOD stuff.. Have you had a look at  http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/ ?

Lot's of interesting abandoned stuff :thumbs:

Hi Neil, yes the Royal Enfield is mine. Named 'Tornado'.

Hi Ian, I will take a look. those pics are my contribution to the 'defence of Britain database' on the pillbox study group! Get's me out and about in the woods!

We have some pill boxes down here in somerset dotted around the countryside.

As a kid we used to play in the old pill boxes at Horchurch airdrome , building dens .

Horchurch airfield was part of the London & Thames defence along with biggin hill & Duxford.

Those were great dayspost-5-0-29918200-1423264505_thumb.jpg

I used to live in Abbey Wood Lane , shown at the bottom of the map airfield layout.

Even to this day my father often digs up old parts from a crashed plane that didn't reach one of the runways and crash landed two houses away.