jparkes43

Just because

Well i have been wanting to do something unique to my Juliette tractor for a while now. as if it wasn't enough already :) so when i had my little motorised bike (charlie will remember) i was looking for little upgrade parts and came across this little thing, yes it is cheap and probably wont do much but why not? (in the words of ian ;) ) so it is a little nitrous kit that is put into the carb spacer and then activated via a little valve. its probably a load of poo but we will see hey. let me know what you think. as i say this isnt a very serious mod but it was cheap and there you go.

d536_12_zps6awbolsi.jpg

james

You do know it won't make your Wh any faster don't you... Things such as gearing and the governor will limit it to it's normal top speed..

If it works you might get to 5mph a whole 0.00004 of a second faster than normal..

When NOS burns in an engine it produces oxygen which weakens the mixture.. To counter act that you also have to add extra fuel...   It's the ability to burn the extra fuel that gives the extra power...   NOS in a nutshell...

You do know it won't make your Wh any faster don't you... Things such as gearing and the governor will limit it to it's normal top speed..

If it works you might get to 5mph a whole 0.00004 of a second faster than normal..

When NOS burns in an engine it produces oxygen which weakens the mixture.. To counter act that you also have to add extra fuel...   It's the ability to burn the extra fuel that gives the extra power...   NOS in a nutshell...

i did know what n2o did. right i completely forgot about all that gearing and other stuff thanks for letting me know. i will give it more fuel with the jet needle 

james

Edited by jparkes43

your engine is governed for speed consistency and power output, the top end revs is set by the governor. If you adjust the mixture to make it rev more all it will do it make the head hotter and valves burn...

If you adjust the governor to get the revs up you will inevitably break the crank, con rod or bend the valves (when they hit the piston)

Don't do it !

My nitrous kit came today and i got to make a video of it running and activating the nitrous, there is a slight power gain and a ever slight speed increase, i need to tune the carb to make the most of it but even with a normal setup it seems a good idea. its not the best upgrade i have done but it looks goos and actually does work!!!!

a video of it driving will be out soon!!

james

Edited by jparkes43

not sure what I was expecting - maybe flames and big holes in the ground where you had spun the wheels!?!

ha ha i will get a driving video soon when i have some one to film it with me

james

hopefully there will be the next video on sunday

james

Edited by jparkes43