Sam Morgan

Westwood

Oh cool, me too, I'm near Yelverton. Most of the classic Westwoods look very similar but my favourite is the Gazelle because of a couple of minor differences. There is a choice between the "baby" Westwoods which have all-metal bonnets, and the bigger engine models like mine here which have metal bonnets with a plastic grille and lights.

post-164-0-37449400-1425682030_thumb.jpg

post-164-0-53016300-1425682131_thumb.jpg

Edited by WestwoodGazelle

I can well belive that. More often than not these machines, whatever make they are, are abused. A few a looked after by prudent and careful owners.

What age are yours WestwoodGazelle?

I live in Kingsteignton.

Mine is a 1984 model (the one pictured below), and they made them like mine since 1978 or 1979. I'm not sure when they stopped the Gazelle, I seem to remember 1986 but I could be wrong. There are still tons around on ebay though. Also they are very easy to restore and built like a tank :)

Edited by WestwoodGazelle

Hi Sam, welcome to MOM..

That's a clean Westwood you have, it looks to be in great shape :thumbs:

Before I got into Wheel Horses I used to have Westwoods.. The first one was bought painted green, the second was Westwood orange, and the third was mostly rust coloured, I did plan to put a 900cc Honda engine in it but I couldn't bring myself to break the bike up!

I have had a few of these over the years & fixed a few for others

Must say, that yours must be one of the best of that age arround. Most have rotted away by now