the showman

Been Wheelhorse Picking Again

i'am gonna be in trouble when the warmer weather comes and the boss wants her table and chairs back out on the patio

No problem, the tractors have seats and you can put a table cloth on the hood. Problem solved ;)

No problem, the tractors have seats and you can put a table cloth on the hood. Problem solved ;)

That sounds like you are speaking from experience Iain!

My wifes been complaining since I had 4 Andrew, I just don't listen anymore :hide:

Yeah, it's called white noise!

Had a chance to unload this today and get it in the workshop on the bench, first job was to charge the battery and put some fuel in the tank, the wiring is all been butchered so had to hotwire it she spun over and fired up, no smoke and no rattle's, there seems to be an issue with the gearstick where as the stick is all floppy and have a job to get any gears,i'll have to investigate that next week

Hav'nt had much chance today to look at it today only that I've removed the seat and rear fender. The gearstick retaining screw was hanging out which I removed and pulled out the stick, the selector is very hard to move so I drained the oil, as expected the first cupful was water so I've left it to drain overnight

Had another fiddle with the tranny today, sprayed a load of wd over the selector but it still wouldn't move.

Had a rummage under the bench and found another 3 speed with the same problem that i had swapped on another tractor i had,

Finally got the pulleys off after a struggle and split the box open, not as bad as I expected, ive got another container somewhere with some gears and selectors in so will have a clean up tomorrow and see what i can muster up.

Here's some photos ( Norm )

post-98-0-97391700-1427136245_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-80920400-1427136262_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-43720600-1427136277_thumb.jpg

Pulled all the box apart this morning and its not good, just about all the bearings are shot and knowing the availability of them i think its a junker.

Had a look through my stock and found another 3 speed that feels good apart from the attachment pin seized in, Ive had these before and the only way is to cut it off level with the box and drill it out, its to big to fit in the pillar drill so spent the rest of the day abuseing my hand held drill, it's 3/4 rod so the drill got pretty hot, anyway got it out.

Here's a couple of photos

post-98-0-20121300-1427217421_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-36043700-1427217435_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-95595000-1427217447_thumb.jpg