GAV694

Massey Ferguson Elf

Thats a wonderful bit of kit, do you know how many of those that are in the UK ?

As far as I am aware of there are 2 in the UK and I have them both.  It was Massey in Germany that sold them and that's where they have mainly stayed. I was recently told that if bought new with the ploughs they cost the same as a VW Beetle so they weren't a  cheap tractor!

The paintwork should actually be all yellow as they were sold by Massey as an industrial tractor and painted the same as their diggers of the same era. The cast aluminium grill panel also matches the diggers.

That's how I found out about the Elf as I have a 1967  Massey digger and I bought a book to research it and there was article about the Elf in it and I just had to have one as a stable mate.

ONE???

Be honest John, you are fluent in German, probably have their eBay on your desktop and plan taking an Tractor Unit & trailer out there empty, coming back full of Yellow related machinery!

I admire your interest in these 'Elf's' as they are quite unique here yet with such a well known name adorning the bonnet.

Keep at them, until there's non left for me!

Glad you have come here to see all that's going on.

Titch :rolleyes: 

The trailer was my latest purchase and is almost the correct one for the tractor the only difference from the correct one is the length, this one is 30cm longer.

But yes I drove it there, you may not be able to see in the photo but the trailer is PTO driven giving the tractor trailer combo 4 wheel drive.

The trailers are very rare I have never seen a correct one for the tractor for sale and I had to drive over to Germany to buy this one it was 150 miles north east of Berlin, 1500miles from my house.

No Bother Nigel it was a shame coming back with only a half load last time but you could probably do it cheaper than me as I have to travel the length of the UK before I even get into Europe.

Now that is very, very, very, very nice. I think i need one.

I remember saying that, be careful though as they are addictive and with about 50 different impliments that were produced theres a lot of hunting and spending to be done :)

I remember saying that, be careful though as they are addictive and with about 50 different impliments that were produced theres a lot of hunting and spending to be done :)

Ah yeah  but  well worth the  effort in hunting for the stuff , thats half the fun :goodpost: