Saved this from the scrap man today was found in a shed by a mate that he had to clear 54538c6bfcce6b66f3f96234c73dcd57.jpgd2a8ec861a11990104405fd109317029.jpg32b5b1739bb4a505d232afd63c0d107f.jpg

If at first you don't succeed Use a bigger hammer

Forgot to say it runs but not very well runs pretty lumpy so carbs a part in the washer was pretty glazed up just need to find something to run it with now

If at first you don't succeed Use a bigger hammer

Hi if it's any help the engine in the picture is the same as an F15 Villiers. They were produced with both the Villiers and the BSA badges.

Hi, many thanks for replying. A few things are starting to become clear now.

The engine seems to be painted red and green, which would make sense if it was fitted to a Ransome and had been painted in their colours.

On the bottom of the block I also came across the numbers F15 /06/05 12142.

I'm still struggling in a couple of areas though:

Which BSA engine is it equivalent too? I have downloaded a Villiers manual and it quotes the capactiy as 147cc

The engine has compression, but no spark. I can't find an ignition or kill switch, so presuming that its been removed.

everything else looks like its there. The oil looks ok after all this time, but will get changed, but the crankshaft seal looks like it has perished.

once again, many thanks

Kevin

Hi, thanks for the reply. The rewind starter, cowling and fly wheel shall be coming off this weekend hopefully, and we shall see.....

cheers

Kevin

Edited by Bertie the Engine