ROBERTCEE

CORRECT PAINT SHADE

Hello I am in the UK and restoring a old lawnranger from the 60s.I am undecided on the paint i should buy , the make and the shade the tractor part retails like vapourmatic etc all seem to be abit vague, can someone please recommend a maker and the exact shade that will be ok Regards   

We use vapormatic IH red on ours - it's a good match and many others use it. A close match is also Crown flame red - it's great to paint on looks good, but not that hard wearing...

IH white is also good for the wheels

Bradford-20130221-00188_zps65a3d102.jpg

btw, say hello in the intro bit - another fellow northerner and WH nut....

mark

Use a small amount of hardener (ratio on can) to any Alkyd enamel paints and it will make the shine last long , enhance color retention, durability, and make more resistant to fading and scuffing. Be advised that what you mix up will have to be use,d as it starts chemically drying upon mixing, and will set up in a can in a day or so.

http://www.paintdocs.com/docs/webPDF.jsp?SITEID=KRI&doctype=PDS&prodno=075577025220

Thank you for your replies about the paint seeing am near Ripon farm services Pontefract they apparently are agents for Vapourmatic paint I think the code you refer to is 5010 case/ international red.please, confirm regards

Evening,

I noticed in a Central Spares catalogue (mower parts etc) that they mention a Wheelhorse red. They should be online. 

Philip