sten

Any diesel experts on here

In what state is the thingy you screw the injector into? Don't know if there's a burn disc in there?

Hi, I have swapped injectors and cylinder heads over.

Hi again,

Are the injector pipes interchangeable, or are they unique to each cylinder?  If unique then is this the only part you have not swopped between cylinders ?

Just had one of those 'eureka' moments, (or perhaps I'm waking up)  you've swopped cylinders ,pistons ,heads  etc did you check piston height ,You could conceivably have a bent conrod which would lower compression on that cylinder if you only swopped the pistons and not the rod.

Hi again,

Are the injector pipes interchangeable, or are they unique to each cylinder?  If unique then is this the only part you have not swopped between cylinders ?

Yes they are identical and swapped, the engine is basically 2 singles with a shared crankcase and crank.

Just had one of those 'eureka' moments, (or perhaps I'm waking up)  you've swopped cylinders ,pistons ,heads  etc did you check piston height ,You could conceivably have a bent conrod which would lower compression on that cylinder if you only swopped the pistons and not the rod.

No I didn't check piston height or swap the rods so it is something else to look at.

Yes they are identical and swapped, the engine is basically 2 singles with a shared crankcase and crank.

No I didn't check piston height or swap the rods so it is something else to look at.

I see this occasionally on VM engines always seems to be #2 cylinder,elbow on manifold lines up nicely with #2 inlet port, any water or excess oil gets a straight shot into the port and can cause 'hydraulicing'. I've seen this happen just turning over on the starter, usual symptoms: a slight miss-fire at low revs and puffs of white smoke