neil

Imported from United States

I had this RJ35 imported to UK in sept 2013 from Connecticut  USA ,  The previous owner was Michael Martino ,  who had the tractor quite a few years .

It has the rare stamped type chassis  and is one of the early RJ35`s

it came with a front dozer blade & also the reel mower for the front

This is my 5th import from US .

post-5-0-42363700-1390584698_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-73335300-1390584781_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-46324300-1390584829_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-45722000-1390584866_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-80059200-1390584917_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-56083000-1390584964_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-99898100-1390585011_thumb.jpg

I just have some small cosmetic works to do to finish it off , i have to paint the rear wheels Black & respray the front wheels silver

Hi Neil,

That looks fantastic! I'd love to own one of the those reel mower, not sure what it is about them but I love them, do you use it much?

Tom

Tom , i havent really had chance to use the reel mower yet as it arrived in the UK late September & my grass wasnt very long so i never got round to setting it up yet ,

it is a great biit of kit though & i am really looking forward to using it .

Have you got your Suburban going yet ?

You certainly have some great Wheel Horse Neil, I wish I had such a great collection of different machines..

I'm with Tom, the reel mower is great..

Don't forget to make a few videos of it in action when the grass grows again :D

Ian , My good lady wife is due to upgrade her Ipad soon & she is giving me her old one , I always get the hand me downs Lol  > i hope to start taking some vids of my babies in action , so i will start a  You tube of videos .  

I dont know how easy it is to start a you tube thingy ???

Hi Neil,

Ah that's a pity, hopefully you will be able to use it soon! When you do be sure to get some pics and maybe even a video, id love to see it in action.

Unfortunately I don't own the suburban anymore, I sold it to a friend as I just had too many projects, it was a hard decision but with school and other things i had to sell it, atleast I know it went to a good home.

Tom

Very nice Neil, was it complicated to import?

Importing is quite easy as i have a young lady that takes care of everything for me . She arranges to have it picked up in US & it is delivered to my door as you see in the above pics .

when it arrives she just sends me an invoice for payment .

I have imported 5 tractors now including the RS83 Rideawy senior below.

It can work out a little expensive to do but as i am not in the hobby for the money it didnt really matter to me , besides i am sure they will go up in value as time goes on ,  as it stands at the moment i think i would get my money back if i were to sell them but i dont think i would make a profit by doing it .well not for a couple of years , but then who knows

post-5-0-07497000-1390595176_thumb.jpg

post-5-0-52533500-1390595384_thumb.jpg

OMG Tom  you sold your suburban  , how did you manage to tear your hands away from that .

Our good buddy Richard would have had that from you .

Hope you got a good price for it .

I begged  borrowed & stole to get them , I had to do it as they dont come up very often so i couldnt miss the opportunity . Just means i have to work harder & longer for a good few months

You have a great collection Neil and it's great you have managed to being so many rare machines into the UK. I feel privileged to have seen many of them in the flesh. :)

I think most of us are with you on giving a limb to have some of those in our collection...

Thank you Mark , I bought these tractors really with money that i didnt have  but like i said there was now way that i was going to miss an opportunity to lose out on some wonderful machines .

I must confess that in buying these tractors has somewhat got me into a few issues to say the least  but i feel it  was worth it , ( my good lady wouldnt agree with me though, she wanted a new Kitchen LOL)

The way that i think can some times be a bit reckless but i have allways lived by the seat of my pants & payed the consequences later  but i know i have worked hard in my life & every now & then i just have to do something indulge in something that i am  passionate about  

I could have bought myself a new van after my last one caught fire last year but i wanted to  get the senior so i spend the funds that was set aside for a new van & i bought the tractor instead .

There are worse things to spend money on! Your good lady is certainly tolerant and an absolute star for letting you get away with with buying a tractor over a kitchen!!!

I've had tense moments over buying tyres and sundries in the past :)

She is a good girl , but im sure i will have to pay for it somewhere along the line .. I

I have said to her that i will leave the tractors to her in my will.

She is very tolerant of me really , i wouldnt be without her.

Hello Neil

Beautiful tractor 

in 1970 as I was looking for the Gravely factory, I visited the Wheel Horse factory in South Bend Indiana! Funny, isn't?