Charlie Smith

Cub Cadet Original 1962 (Possibly soon)

Hello all, 

I don't want to get your hopes up and tell you it's for sale just yet, but all being well and good, by the end of the summer/christmas, my little cub cadet original might well be up for sale, We are getting vehicle rear access to the back of the house so finally my dream can come true, I've always wanted a full size tractor, not meaning these news things, but like a little grey fergie or something like that, I have my little fund pot tucked away, but sadly the little machines would have to go as they just wouldn't get used + take up some of my storage space, and of course the extra $$$ will help!... 

you guys know everything about it already pretty much, been restored by myself, erm, runs and drives great, it is what it is, you've all seen enough pictures of it but i'll add one here anyway I'll also chuck that tipping trailer in with it I might get round to painting it by then as it will give me something to do if not, it will be a little rusty :D

basically you might be thinking why is he putting this ad up on here so early if he isn't ready to sell it?... well I know peoples minds change, so you might like the idea and want to buy it now but when its ready to go, change your mind. but I put it on here to see if any of you guys wanted it before I put it on the bay because at least then I know its gone to a good loving home, not someone who's going to cut it up and do weird and wonderful things with it as some people seem to do! :lol:

I was toying with the idea of putting it on the bay with a 99p start but a high reserve so I could see interest, but it seems setting a reserve is relatively high, I read something like 10% of the reserve price.... just to ad it.. then if it sells even more charges... hmmm! 

Anyway, would anyone be interested later on in the year as long as everything goes to plan? I know I hate it myself when people do this to me.. I always think well I cant be the buyer and the seller at the same time, but I'm going to have to do it to you lot at this moment in time, as I just have no idea what it's worth, so I'm going to say...  

If any of you will be Interested, send me a P.M with what you would offer for my little cub cadet and I'm sure we could talk about it.....the worst I can say is no ;)

On another note, If none of you Red Paint Lovers are interested in buying it, your input would also be very welcome with valuations, tell me what you think its worth just in case it does end up on the bay! I would kindly ask you to P.M me valuations though as I don't want to cause any rivalry or upset between anyone :)

Cheers

Charlie.

post-131-0-51903000-1433097341_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-09586100-1433097403_thumb.jpgpost-131-0-06351700-1433097528_thumb.jpg

Charlie, you can do a search on CL U.S. or Search Tempest, and it will give you a good idea what these are selling for. I can tell you here 'bouts they can run from 500 to 2000 US and that is not always because of the condition, but what the seller values the tractor at and what it would take to buy it. It doesn't always work out for either the buyer or seller, but if both are on the same page, an agreement can usually be had. That said unless the serial number is less than 4 digits 2,000 is a figure that is hardly ever realized, but I think you already know that. I would have thought GT's might bring more money in the UK, but not sure that's really true. Some in the US will pay just for the pride of ownership or owning something someone else doesn't have, not really good reasons to buy or collect, but that is the reality of the situation. It is really super of you to offer this fine old machine to the Club members first, I applaud you. Alain