pmackellow

New addition to the O&R / Webb collections

Just won a Webb Little Wonder hedge trimmer on the bay

Its got an O&R engine in it, looks a bit sad but probably saveable

Will be picking it up on our way home from our holiday in Yorkshire on June 13th so will post some photos of it then :)

post-99-0-48683100-1433849434_thumb.jpg

Yours looks like a Little Wonder version to me, the Webb ones are relabelled with a UK address on the sticker as shown below on mine.

post-325-0-78719000-1433187736_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately its very faded so I can't read all of it: Webb Lawnmowers Ltd and the address should be Tame Road, Witton, Birmingham. The logo is the same as this from a lawnmower booklet.

post-325-0-43280100-1433188255.jpg

I also have a Little Wonder version with the later 13B engine.

post-325-0-52340700-1433188583.jpg

David

I thought I had already posted pictures of mine, but they must have been on the old forum.

The Webb Hedgetrimmer 30" version

post-325-0-80697800-1433189365_thumb.jpg

Little Wonder 16" version

post-325-0-97407100-1433189011_thumb.jpg

Are you able to change the thread title to include Webb & Little Wonder hedgetrimmers?

I have the manuals for these and will upload them as PDF's when I get a chance.

David

Just dug this out from John's stash.  Have been trying to see what the engine was for years, but buried too deep.

Now I know. :)

A hand push sprayer with the engine driving a small pump. The two spray arms rotate to the horizontal position.  Looks

complete apart from a petrol tank.  I have now removed the engine for a clean up and a better look when time allows.

post-385-0-33986900-1434406712_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-35919100-1434407303_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-20588500-1434405446_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-00333900-1434405593_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-66419000-1434405704_thumb.jpgpost-385-0-27804300-1434405840_thumb.jpg

The whole unit look's like a good project there Alan. I like the look of those little engines . Hypro Pumps are still around, so may be able to get parts still?.

Maybe a Yellow Sprayer Challenge !! :)  

I did think that too Richard.  Not having room at home for the whole unit, I had thought of the engine and pump as a stand alone project.

What a VERY unique and rare tool.

Please keep the tool intact! Maybe one of the O&R guys over there will trade for a good engine and pump. If they don't, I would be willing to trade some O&R tools for it.

Just dug this out from John's stash.  Have been trying to see what the engine was for years, but buried too deep.  Now I know. :)

A hand push sprayer with the engine driving a small pump. The two spray arms rotate to the horizontal position.  Looks complete apart from a petrol tank.

It does have the petrol tank, the base under the engine is the tank.

I agree keep it together, there can't be many of these left due to its size, its certainly the first O&R with a pump that I've seen in the UK, the pump I have was bought from the US.

David

OK guy's, That's settled then. I'll bolt the engine back onto the frame and store it in John's shed for now.  As said, I don't have

room at home for it, so happy to pass it on to a good home.

As Paul has shown an interest, and I think Richard too, maybe they could agree who is the winner between themselves.  I'll

stand back while the fight takes place. :hide:

I thought it strange that there was no petrol tank, or obvious mounting points for it, but never imagined that it was in the base

of the engine.  Not had time for a good look yet.

Alan.`

That's very nice Alan would not mind that machine myself (the whole lot)

Have sent you a private message

Hello Paul,

Agreed, it is a very nice machine. :) When I saw it I was tempted.

Philip

OK Richard.  Thanks. 

It was your post on the 15th that made me wonder if you wanted another challenge.  Looks like Paul will soon

have another toy to play with. :)

Only just seen the discussion . I'm not 'In the Frame' on this one. I have no space for another project yet.

Regards

Thanks Richard !! :thumbs:

OK Richard.  Thanks. 

It was your post on the 15th that made me wonder if you wanted another challenge.  Looks like Paul will soon have another toy to play with. :)

Thanks Alan, have messaged you

OK Richard.  Thanks. It was your post on the 15th that made me wonder if you wanted another challenge.  Looks like Paul will soon have another toy to play with. :)

No problem Alan. Got my 'Fingers Burnt' on this current project and need more time to sort it. May stick to small stuff that fits on the Dining Table for a while :ph34r: .

I'm sure Paul will have a 'Niche' for it and get it working