expeatfarmer

Tractor World Malvern 2016

Looking for some advice from you more well traveled folks! What is the best time to leave for Malven on the choosen route so I've got a clear drive down with no congestion?

Was debating leaving at midnight Thursday and getting down to Malvern at 6.30/7Am Friday ?

post-294-0-04703800-1455968670_thumb.jpg

I usually come round birmingham in the evening on the m6 without trouble. Avoid the toll section as it is quite expensive. You must really be looking forward to the show to travel that far.

Thanks all, it is a long way however it's once in a lifetime and I don't think I'll be down again, with a tractor anyway. It will be a good opertunity to meet everyone I talk to but have never met.

Hopefully the sat nav guides me well and past the M6 toll.

If you leave at 6-30, Rhys, you will hit heavy traffic around and beyond Preston, then Birmingham. Midnight is the better option or even earlier. That's what I would do. You can always have a kip on arrival.

BTW. Be careful approaching the toll road. They've been sneaky with it. The right hand lanes take you on to it. Not straight down the M6 as you would think.

I have 170 mile drive with Merlin Keeper Kev. Long day driving

Last time we came my fiesta van sunk in the carpark. Armed with landrover this time & a rope :D

I hope to leave home around mid day Thursday, 255 miles approx so reckon on 6 hours with stops. Main hold up point is leaving M6 to join M5 make sure you get over to the left in good time as vehicles often stupidly use the hard shoulder to sneak up on the junction.