the showman

4 Wheel trailer

Been after one of these for a while and was lucky enough to find this on my latest haul.

Its made by W D Stubbs of Nottingham who are still in business making carts and trailers, it measures 5 foot x 2' 6" and has lift out sides, ive spent a bit of time on it today and got the wheels to go round and the turn table to work, it needs 4 tyres and tubes, it has 1" axles so a bit restricted on swapping wheels.

The wheels are 8" and the tyres are marked 14x3 , ive got a few 400x8 but all different tread patterns.

Anyway heres some photos

post-98-0-67869400-1434824296_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-52289600-1434824313_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-13274300-1434824327_thumb.jpg

post-98-0-94034000-1434824341_thumb.jpg

Very nice trailer, it looks very well made. I particularly like the metal covering on the top of the sides. I remember seeing that on my last visit.

Iain

So you should Iain, we had to pull it out to get my G14 out the barn :P  :D

Ive got plenty Chris, just trying to match them up

What size were the tires on those loose trailer wheels at John's Chris. ?   Might be a matched set.

I'm a bit stumped now, i was going to restore it and lower it to carry the Trachorse make like a low loader type 4 wheeler now I'm thinking to leave it as is. The only problem is where I live here on the coast it will deteriorate quick as there's very little paint on it

I'm a bit stumped now, i was going to restore it and lower it to carry the Trachorse make like a low loader type 4 wheeler now I'm thinking to leave it as is. The only problem is where I live here on the coast it will deteriorate quick as there's very little paint on it

Use OSPHO, It neutralizes rust and leaves a clear flat coat, similar to a thin varnish. I clean my stuff with oven cleaner then spritz it down with OSPHO, lightly burnish or wire brush or sand the next day and another light squirt with the OSPHO spritzer. I just use an old Windex bottle to spritz. Be sure to have gloves, long sleeves, and eye protection, it is caustic