HeadExam

1970 Bolens 1476 Large Frame Rotovaor

Preparing the garden for fall

Part 1: 

Part 2:

I need to edge and start Potatoes, Onions, some Brussel Sprouts, broccoli, etc. Heat index has been between 112 and 119 for the last few days with no end in sight.

post-384-0-68092300-1437865973_thumb.jpg

The flat back tiller is well heavy. Do you have a hydraulic lift on the bac to lower and raise it? I saw one a few months back for sale but I stupidly passed on it.

It does a superb job by the look of it.

Was that the one I brought Andrew??

I will get that on the back of the G14 or 1050 one day with in the next 10 years :(  :D

Hello Chris, no it was the one with the Bolens H16 with a 42" deck that was 10 miles up the road from me.

It was this one.

post-259-0-31844600-1437902045_thumb.jpg

The flat back tiller is well heavy. Do you have a hydraulic lift on the bac to lower and raise it? I saw one a few months back for sale but I stupidly passed on it.

It does a superb job by the look of it.

I do not think any large frame tractor was offered without a hydraulic lift. I do not have any tractors without either electric or hydraulic lift because I suffer from a condition known as Schtickaphobia and therefore have an aversion lift sticks or armstrong lifts. This flat back tiller is different for the large frame tractors compared to the ones for the tube frame, even heavier and mounts with two lift rods like the three point.

I thought that was the case about the hydraulic lift on your LF.

A nice looking tractor by the way.

I would hate to try and lift any Bolens flat top tiller with a hand lift, they have a transmission/gearbox on them that weighs a tonne, before you even talk about the tines and case

In truth that is one of the reasons why I forgo the tiller. However, one day I will get one when I find a suitable tractor.

What you need Andrew is what I have on my 16hp Simplicity 7016HK, I think the the mid mount part is a small hiller.

It going to be 99-102 today with a heat index possibly as high as 120, I wish I could send some of it to Wales

post-384-0-09488800-1437937337_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-77175500-1437937340_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-08823100-1437937344_thumb.jpg

post-384-0-66911500-1437937348_thumb.jpg

That's a very nice simplicity Alain.

Thanks Andrew, that's a Kohler 16hp on it not a Briggs and Stratton, you wont see that often. It's a hydro with electric lift and I added LED rear tail lights and halogen front driving lights. I have a front dozer blade. rototiller, and deck with it also.