sten

Old tool from the shed

It could be used for stretching elastic bands.. But it looks like something for hold to bits of metal/wood at a 90'd angle to each other.. :)[/quote

Yes, some form of right angle clamp.

I'm guessing it is for picture frames. Pretty cleverly designed. The clamping jaws look like they would push both frame pieces towards the corner as it clamps. How much do you want for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ironwrx@comcast.net

I'm guessing it is for picture frames. Pretty cleverly designed. The clamping jaws look like they would push both frame pieces towards the corner as it clamps. How much do you want for it?

Yes I guess its for picture frames or similar, sorry not thinking of selling it.

No problem. I would guess late 1800's to early 1900's really cool. Does it work

Thanks for the dating, yes it works, takes up to 4 inch. The only problem the picture frame theory is the wheels that push the joint together are knurled so they could mark the wood.

Thanks for the dating, yes it works, takes up to 4 inch. The only problem the picture frame theory is the wheels that push the joint together are knurled so they could mark the wood.

I agree with what you're saying about marking the wood. That's probably true. Maybe it's for rougher projects, or a strip could be inserted to protect frame.

It is marked PATENT but there is no number so Patent could be the maker. A quick search on Google came up with an identical but smaller clamp sold on ebay about 2 weeks ago.