harryt

Wheelhorse d200

is there any you can get with dial, also they do not have a thread

I have never seen the gauges with a dial that do not thread, but rather turn and lock, but the bigger problem would be finding one long enough for the D200 tank. I could confidently say they do not make a cap with a gauge that long. It may possible to install some sort of fuel sending unit to a gauge on the dash

Hi guys, I have been cracking on with the restoration, got it all stripped now and chassis painted, I am looking to start the reassembly soon, just wondered if anyone new what transmission oil to use in the transmission.

. Actually all my manuals for Sunstrand transmissions call for Heavy Duty engine oil, I've only found a few brands that say that, but when I cant find it I use something like Castrol. Heat gets pretty intense in the hydro, that's why many later models had transmission coolers and why early models had fans.

I also use 10w40 Heavy Duty Castrol in my transmissions, but  I'm in a very warm (65F-74F last week) climate. Transmission fluid is something not changed every year or even two, it is viable for 500 hours, it is good for many years. That said, I might consider using a lighter weight oil in cooler climates, unless I was going to warm the engine at 1/2 to 2/3 throttle for several minutes and/or use the machine a severe duty situation for an hour or more, snow ploughing, furrow poughing, etc. The heavier oil in cooler climates will take longer to get the transmission moving and working. To tell the truth I do not know which scenario is best, but with engine oil the right viscosity for the right climate is deemed important, but that may not be the case with transmission oil, or it might be. In the northern states they are using ATF, due to sub zero weather, but as the tractor warmed up, or was under a  greater strain over an extended time. I am not sure this choice would be good, but again, I'm not sure as transmissions and engines behave differently. Good Luck

Another update, all disassembled now, chassis is painted and most other bits. Done the transmission which was a pain as all greasy and very heavy! Sourced tyres and got wheels painted. Thanks to Chris for putting them on for me. Here's a few pics. 

Who said you could not get trac grip to fit the D200 rims??

If anybody has a spare set of 15 in D200 rear rims they would like to sell then please let me know!!

On 31/12/2016 at 6:28 PM, harryt said:

Here is a small update and some more pictures, little by little it is coming along and most parts are now painted, next on the list is the hydraulics 😬

IMG_5773.JPG

looking good, what brand are the rear tyres?