expeatfarmer

Ransomes MG40 Crawler 1964

Ransomes MG 40 Crawler for sale, 1964 serial number15123. 600cc petrol engine, full pto and hydraulic three point linkage. Good tracks, as original no new paint, very sound. Mudguards as originally fitted.post-292-0-34557000-1442688905_thumb.jpgpost-292-0-24850000-1442688937_thumb.jpgpost-292-0-11706500-1442688967_thumb.jpg Currently for sale on E Bay looking for offers around £1200.

Glad I've not got anybody to tell me what I can and can't do.....yet but hopefully by then I'll have everything I want...

I'm tempted

So am I but I've got 6.. and no more room..

Edited by Rocboni

Ransomes MG 40 Crawler for sale, 1964 serial number15123. 600cc petrol engine, full pto and hydraulic three point linkage. Good tracks, as original no new paint, very sound. Mudguards as originally fitted.attachicon.gifIMG_1048.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_1050.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_1051.jpg Currently for sale on E Bay looking for offers around £1200.

Can you explain to me how the rear lift(s) work, are the implements brand specific? Any idea of the cost to send it by post to Oklahoma USA?  :lol: seriously would like to have it, but unless one is found locally, or I win the lottery, that is not going to happen, good luck Alain

The rear lift consists of two independent three point links ie 4 lift arms and two top links. The idea is to have a left handed plough and a right handed plough, one on the ground and one in the air. At the end of the field you turn the machine around and using the hydraulic ram lift, swap the ploughs over and plough back up the furrow you just made. The benefit being that in a market garden space is limited and crop areas may be small so being able to start at one side of the field and plough across is a benefit it also save a lot of dead running.

By using the outer two lift arms and a central top link standard cultivators and rotovators can be fitted to the tractor. The hydraulic pump is located under the seat and is driven by the pto shaft. The only disadvantage is that as all the tractors had a centrifugal clutch you have to remember to lift the implement before you slow the tractor down to turn or take it out of gear and then rev the engine and operate the lift. The linkage arms are category zero ball joints. Ransomes made a full range of ploughs, culivators discs etc many other implements were also made to fit these machines by other manufacturers such as Howard, Mansley, and Gibbs others made seeders , drills and steerable tyne cultivators. 

As far as transport to Ohio I would say about 1500 dollars.

The rear lift consists of two independent three point links ie 4 lift arms and two top links. The idea is to have a left handed plough and a right handed plough, one on the ground and one in the air. At the end of the field you turn the machine around and using the hydraulic ram lift, swap the ploughs over and plough back up the furrow you just made. The benefit being that in a market garden space is limited and crop areas may be small so being able to start at one side of the field and plough across is a benefit it also save a lot of dead running.

By using the outer two lift arms and a central top link standard cultivators and rotovators can be fitted to the tractor. The hydraulic pump is located under the seat and is driven by the pto shaft. The only disadvantage is that as all the tractors had a centrifugal clutch you have to remember to lift the implement before you slow the tractor down to turn or take it out of gear and then rev the engine and operate the lift. The linkage arms are category zero ball joints. Ransomes made a full range of ploughs, culivators discs etc many other implements were also made to fit these machines by other manufacturers such as Howard, Mansley, and Gibbs others made seeders , drills and steerable tyne cultivators. 

As far as transport to Ohio I would say about 1500 dollars.

Thanks for the great information, I see why the machine was so useful, outstanding engineering ideas. That's actually not a bad shipping price, it probably would be much more to get it another 800 miles westward  :D I'll keep it in mind if I come across an extra 3000. I would probably have the only one, or one of the few, on this side of the Atlantic

I know of some MG machines in Ohio, one in Florida and I know there are a number in Canada.

Changed my mind  after driving it and decided  to keep it ,it is probably worth more to me as spares than I will get for it whole.