C-101plowerpower

Chris' chicken plucker

A mate came round for a cupper this afternoon so we thought we would give the chicken machine a run.

Its a 1933 Comb Plucking Machine powered by a Stuart Turner 2 stroke engine and came out of an old caravan at Johns place after 25 years of storage

If there was a model for ducks, would it be called a Duck Plucker or Duck Fluffer, and if it was larger and for a goose, would it be a Geese Greaser or a Goose Looser?

On the literature i have managed to find it says that these were the Rolls-Royce of plucking machinery and claims that as many as 70-80 birds an hour could be plucked.

These machines were exported to many countries even Russia were they were used to pluck Penguins

"the Rolls-Royce of plucking machinery" Mentioning Rolls in the same sentence with plucking machinery is like saying the Marilyn Monroe of ironing boards, lol. I know i am going to hate myself for asking, but why did the Russians pluck penguins?

i think because coocking them with the feathers still on isn't as easy with them off

Russians EAT Penguins? What they don't have enough crows and vultures? I'll have to look and see what is in a Russian Penguin Pie hopefully not a member of the Politburo. 

If there was a model for ducks, would it be called a Duck Plucker or Duck Fluffer, and if it was larger and for a goose, would it be a Geese Greaser or a Goose Looser?

Years ago John's wife got her wires crossed and called the Chicken Plucker - - - -  Plicken Chucker.  We still laugh about it.

Years ago John's wife got her wires crossed and called the Chicken Plucker - - - -  Plicken Chucker.  We still laugh about it.

I would imagine that could chuck a Plicken a fair distance !!  :D  :D

I having my wife make a small blue sequinned jacket for our pet painted turtle that I'm teaching to play a miniature piano with his beak, we call him Snapperace, like Liberace. He's not ready yet, but when he can bang out a tune I hope to make a tidy retirement sum from taking him to fairs and festivals. I had a pet hamster I was working with, but he got loose and I think the schnauzer "found" him by the small blue sequins in her poop.