Lauber1

David Bradley, the riders

Just thought I'd attempt to post a picture of half my Suburban riding tractors, by DB from 59-65. I have a fairly large collection of these, and they are my main power in the garden and around the yard.

post-115-0-89074400-1390762967_thumb.jpg

I have 11 of the 22 different models built during the early period, and most of the attachments.  

Tonite I thought I would add a few pictures to this of my son and I plowing with almost matching 1963 Suburbans.  His tractor is only 100 or so numbers higher than mine, and had the engine replaced with an 8hp, up from the original 5.75 Briggs. I have found the correct engine for it now, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. He is pulling a 6" plow and the one with the cool factory duals I driving is using an 8" one.

post-115-0-04248800-1390872910_thumb.jpgpost-115-0-94499800-1390872989_thumb.jpg

post-115-0-70558900-1390873109_thumb.jpgpost-115-0-66152000-1390873352_thumb.jpg

Very nice pictures. Its good to see 50+ year old tractors still working, and doing the jobs they were made for! They sure did know how to build them, back then. Good looking machines, and thanks for sharing. :thumbs:

Matt

They look like they handled the ploughing with ease... Nice to see them being worked.. I bet when they were made no one thought they would still be going strong after 50+ years :D

They look like they handled the ploughing with ease... Nice to see them being worked.. I bet when they were made no one thought they would still be going strong after 50+ years :D

we sometimes they don't come back and you have to go get them. A few yrs ago the engine locked during plowing. These tractor have a had clutch and they don't free wheel due to having a trans axil instead of a transmission. This is how I have to bring one back home.

post-115-0-65443300-1390955431_thumb.jpg

Jeff its great to catch up with you again and must say that your collection is the largest I have seen. I hear that your weather has been very cold lately but we are coming up towards spring as we say here,so the sowing season will start again. take care for now .