Joe the small engine man

Bolens, self-propelled mulching mower

I have been tempted to buy a mulching mower myself and have yet to see a Bolens one in the flesh as it were. I nearly bought a Bolens sickle mower a while ago but decided not to go for it in the end. They do look to be well made. I guess it's a Briggs & Stratton engine?

I like the look of the solidity of those earlier Bolens mower. I have not seen one of these over here but have seen several of the later Bolens/MTD ones on Ebay.

Here's a mid to late 80s model, I think was made while GardenWay still owned them, before MTD. BTW, the handle in front adjusted the front wheels.

post-384-0-23452500-1446986889_thumb.jpg

I have been tempted to buy a mulching mower myself and have yet to see a Bolens one in the flesh as it were. I nearly bought a Bolens sickle mower a while ago but decided not to go for it in the end. They do look to be well made. I guess it's a Briggs & Stratton engine?

its a 5hp Briggs, that ive just serviced at my business (new oil, filters, sparkplug, blade sharpen)

These Bolens, of what ive heard fetch around £60-£75 so cheap for what they are :)

Regards Joe

the handle is the same on mine to adjust, its also a front wheel drive with a pulley under the front cover.