simar kid

ATCO 28 inch cut cyclinder mower 1960

Hello all.    At the moment I an restoring one of these large quality mowers mainly seen on cricket pitches and bowling greens.  In 1960 there was one larger a 30 inch machine. Has not been run for years and a full strip down of Villiers engine is essential. plus a good look around for pieces which are missing. The hand grips have gone and also the gear selector for engaugement of cyclinder and drive.

The missing parts will be made by my own hand and also it will be painted by hand as I prefer this method as you get a good depth of paint and also get a shine which is very good.post-130-0-55568700-1390763204_thumb.jpgpost-130-0-95196700-1390763230_thumb.jpgpost-130-0-34078200-1390763299_thumb.jpg

Was going to upload a video of this small high performance engine but too big for this forum to receive

How does it move about...I see no wheels there. 

they are no wheels on it because it has a built in long roller at the rear of machine. will be easy to see later in restoration.

Was going to upload a video of this small high performance engine but too big for this forum to receive they are no wheels on it because it has a built in long roller at the rear of machine. will be easy to see later in restoration.

You need to upload to YouTube first, then post a link...

post-130-0-03960000-1391110006_thumb.jpgpost-130-0-98967500-1391110094_thumb.jpgreconstruction of the handlebar framework and also the hand made custom grips which I have developed and fitted.

That engine sounds sweet does not even sound Villiers, more Italian