C-101plowerpower

My first plowing competition

great pic and its amazing some people love the small tractors at these shows :) , but others in the bigger modern tractors treat you as a nightmare :( but at the end of the day as long as you have a great day its all good and makes people see that the small tractor community is building and becoming more popular.

regards joe

Reminds me of a fellow that used to show up and plow contests with his David Bradley walk behind and plow next to John Deere 4020 and IH 786 tractors, you did good

Hi

You were not last you were first to try a horticultural tractor in your area next ploughing match take along a friend then there will be two

as we say in the UK from a small acorn grows a mighty oak tree

Stick in and have fun

frae the Fife Plooman

here's the rest of the pics:

my opening "furrow"

IMG_20151108_103725893_HDR.jpg

having problems with the engine suddenly shutting down on me, still don't know why it did that. it did restard after a couple minutes and continued to run nice and strong for the rest of the day

IMG_20151108_131701171_HDR.jpg

IMG_20151108_133457068.jpg

and here's me plowing

IMG-20151109-WA0007.jpg

a question regarding the plowing depth, how deep do you guys have to plow? i had to go about 8" deep, don't know what is normal for horticultural plowing?

Many say you plow half the distance across your moldboard. A 12" plow you plow 6 inches deep. a 10 inch plow 5 inches. It would seem to me that a smaller 8 inch plow could be used deep than the 10 or 12. The ideal depth is were you can move through the earth hand have the "slice" of soil lay over like a cut of brisket. If your soil isn't laying over it is too wet to plow. That said, if your in a location that stays wet or has a high rain fall you may never plow if you wait for ideal conditions. Many plow contest occur on land that has been worked many times and may not lay over because it lacks compaction and surface roots

Hi 

Here is copies of rules as it applies to the horticultural ploughing matches 

hope this helps when you go to the next match give them a copy of the rules to help them and you

Good luck

Horticultural Rules (July 2012 13.doc

George S