nigel

Project Horse Gut....Nigel and Ians joint project

at a loose end so we have dragged this old gutbrod out the field its got to be one of the ugliest machines around, but one of the best for shear pulling power and hard work, so ian and i have decided to get it going and see if we can make it look nicer so first thing is to chuck all the panels away, this is going to be an intresting joint project cos its going to be done as cheap as possable using what junk we can lay our hands on we dont even know if the engine will run but we do have a name in mind for it . :D

post-97-0-62182100-1447092480_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-18372200-1447092501_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-77796800-1447092521_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-09238400-1447092545_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-14184700-1447092576_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-91590400-1447092599_thumb.jpg

Certainly an improvement on the first photo.

In the 4th photo of tonight, is that Ian's pet parrot on his left arm?

Not a pet parrot but a very well trained fire extinguisher..    It has been trained to hang on the wall behind me in that photo :D

How about Horse - Gut's.  :hide:

Well, it is called Project Horse Gut :lol:

For you view pleasure a very short intro video.....   I might of got carried away with the "guts" side of it :lol:

The best part of this project is not the tractor itself ,it's that you two guys are doing it together .

Have lotsa fun chaps

I agree with you there, Neil. I've always found when you have someone to work with, it is much better than working alone.

I've got to say it is a great feeling working together on this project we both seem to be on the same page and learning from each other considering we both have warped minds it will be very interesting to see what the end project will be, but I am certain it will be a very good working tractor built on a budget of less than £100

I've got to say it is a great feeling working together on this project we both seem to be on the same page and learning from each other considering we both have warped minds it will be very interesting to see what the end project will be, but I am certain it will be a very good working tractor built on a budget of less than £100

Building on a budget always brings out the best ingenuity and ideas!  :D

Tight ass

The best part of this project is not the tractor itself ,it's that you two guys are doing it together .

Have lotsa fun chaps

I agree with you there, Neil. I've always found when you have someone to work with, it is much better than working alone.

I can't help but agree chaps, it's nice doing a joint project and even cooler that the person in question is Nigelwith the same warped thinking when it come to fun builds... I think we have spent hours just standing back looking with a big grin.. Horse Gut just looks so right :D

A bit of an update for you all. The steel rod that holds the pedals in place was missing so a new one had to be made. To make it easier the engine was taken out.

HG1_zpsozesbnvt.jpg

Working out the length of the new rod.

HG2_zps3ailm9w8.jpg

A posh tractor this Horse Gut, it has fiddle brakes on the rear :)

HG3_zpso9ondhmk.jpg

Clutch pedal and the brake linkage on the left side.

HG5_zpsn4yd3vj6.jpg

Nigel cut down and re-welded the Gutbrod fender pan mounts yesterday..

HG7_zpsf5ekwgma.jpg

Which got the new fender pan sitting closer to the wheels, it won't sit perfect until I straighten the fender pan out as it's rather dented and twisted.. But it was free :)

HG6_zpsdi9gfpn6.jpg

on saturday i mounted the gutbrod lift linkage, ( :blink: ) and did not like it one little bit, but as this is a joint project i left it on for ian to see today, (hence its now on ebay )

post-97-0-56036400-1447694143_thumb.jpg

anyway today i made a new exhaust so out came the trusty wheel barrow again

post-97-0-27250600-1447694262_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-82725800-1447694285_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-28117900-1447694312_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-91539200-1447694347_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-53687700-1447694382_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-26033000-1447694407_thumb.jpg

why i was doing all this ian hit all the wiring and got rid of all the crap we dont need and sorted the dynastart out ( it was full of water ) we are getting nearer to starting the engine now, :)  it hasnt run in years.

post-97-0-64666300-1447694731_thumb.jpgpost-97-0-62804000-1447694750_thumb.jpg

Morning all, yep the rear linkage just had to go..  It put a bit of "ugly" back on HG (Horse Gut) and we just couldn't have that could we :)

The electrics which looked a mess wasn't to bad once I had removed all the bits that were not needed such as indicators, horn and headlamps which had side and main beam!

As Nigel mantioned the Dynostart was full of water, but once drained and dried out the water does not seam to of done any damage which was quite lucky.

It would of been nice to of kept the original Gutbrod ignition barrel and key, but alas the barrel was a it past it.. So I fitted an odd WH barrel I had kicking about the place. Just a simple "on" "off" and "start" sort of barrel..

As for the engine.. Well, it want's to run but won't quite.. It trys to run but is having problems with over fueling.. I will have the carb apart again tomorrow to see if I missed any muck hiding away, but the carb is quite worn with plenty of spindle play, so a carb swap may be in order at some point.

Sorry for the lack of photo's, we were too busy (enjoying the build) to take any :D