Wristpin

Ransomes Antelope - tyres wanted

I'm on the look out for a decent pair of tyres/wheels for an Antelope (same as used on J3/5 Junior Gangs). Ones with a bit of tread left on them. I would consider a machine with or without an engine.

So if you have any, or know anyone who may have any to sell please pm me.

As far as I know the tyres are specific to the Antelope and Junior gang units and not "generic" so won't be found elsewhere.

As you can see the ones on mine are a bit short of tread/grip!

post-236-0-36291500-1449657452_thumb.jpe

post-236-0-12441400-1449657506_thumb.jpe

post-236-0-37503800-1449657582_thumb.jpe

post-236-0-27890800-1449657658_thumb.jpe

When I sold my ransome mini gangs there were some spare wheels for them.

Should have kept them

Sure some will turn up on Evil Bay B)

Good suggestion - thank you. Re-cutting is a possibility but I will need to drill a couple of  2mm test holes to see how much rubber there is over the steel wheel. The image of the parts list that I posted shows that the profile of the wheel has a raised central ridge and I need to be sure that there's enough rubber to take a cut without the tyre splitting.

However, salvation may be on the horizon as I've just had a phone call from a trader who has two two 36" bottom blade / sole plate assemblies  that need  to be refaced and won't fit on his grinder but are within the capacity of mine and he has two sets of mini gangs residing in the undergrowth behind his shed. The wheel/tyre assemblies may not be much better than mine but I see the possibility of a deal!